GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
So I see that the OE kit (5G1052200C) comes with a wiring harness but it needs additional tail light connectors and some work.

Do aftermarket harnesses avoid the need to run the stock harness up to the drivers side BCM?

Who provides the best pricing on a 7.5 to 7.5 harness?

Yes the harness in the OEM kit is useless to is in North America. I mean I guess you could use it but it would be a pain in the ass. ZERO815's harness is simple, well made and the instructions he gives are excellent.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
You don’t need this. Just get a big zip tie. That’s how I did it, and it’s pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.
I inserted and taped together like 3 long zip ties to snake wires through the rear quarter panel, rubber hatch boot, and the hatch trim (didn't completely remove the big hatch trim). Worked just fine.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I used a metal snake and it was honestly kinda a PITA because it was so stiff (haha), if you could get a flexible one it would be perfect though (i imagine that's what the zipties are like). I was super scared of ripping the rubber grommets so i went slow and it all worked out.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Finally got the tails installed. Haven't put everything back together, but I'm getting a lighting fault about the license plate.

My left bulb isn't working. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Finally got the tails installed. Haven't put everything back together, but I'm getting a lighting fault about the license plate.

My left bulb isn't working. Any ideas?

You'll probably need to post up who's harness you're using so those knowledgeable about the coding can see if something was perhaps coded incorrectly.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Can anyone point me to a fix for a reverse light error with jbale harness please?

Everything appears to work physically except the dash error.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
You'll probably need to post up who's harness you're using so those knowledgeable about the coding can see if something was perhaps coded incorrectly.
I don't think it's a coding issue. I went behind the car and tapped on the light and it turned on. Seems like a loose connection or a bad bulb. Maybe it's a coincidence?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Can anyone point me to a fix for a reverse light error with jbale harness please?

Everything appears to work physically except the dash error.

What is the error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk