GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

modifications help

mark7gti

Hi everyone, I've just got an MK7 GTI 2015 and was wondering if you can help me pick out modifications since im on a budget. I've got $1,000 to spend and i just wanted to make my car sound cooler so like a cat back exhaust, dont care about the preformance boosts. I've looked at every exhaust and it came down to the APR cat back exhaust, CTS turbo cat back exhaust, AWE Tuning track edition exhaust and Borla exhaust. Not sure which is the best and produces more pops and bangs. Finally, is it worth it to wait until black friday to get better deals?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I've got a JB4 for sale - 60-80Hp for 350

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Awe track with a hanger added near its muffler (there’s a factory provision already there they don’t use)

That’s my vote anyway of the ones you listed.

I don’t really get the $1000 budget to sound cool with no regard for power, but to each their own

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hi everyone, I've just got an MK7 GTI 2015 and was wondering if you can help me pick out modifications since im on a budget. I've got $1,000 to spend and i just wanted to make my car sound cooler so like a cat back exhaust, dont care about the preformance boosts. I've looked at every exhaust and it came down to the APR cat back exhaust, CTS turbo cat back exhaust, AWE Tuning track edition exhaust and Borla exhaust. Not sure which is the best and produces more pops and bangs. Finally, is it worth it to wait until black friday to get better deals?

Requires a stage 2 tune. Save you money and do a resonator delete.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
For that budget, tires + muffler delete. For double that budget, tires + AWE track + JB4. For triple that budget, tires + AWE track + DP + tune. For quadruple that budget......welcome to the rabbit hole....

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Save a little more and Eurodyne, 3” downpipe, then add a cutout if you want to make noises. How could you buy a GTI and not care about performance?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Catted downpipe + tune. The exhaust note will change quite a bit and you'll get a big power increase. Best of both worlds.

Or just take the oem muffler off and wot everywhere if you like ricer noyzes.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Catted downpipe + tune. The exhaust note will change quite a bit and you'll get a big power increase. Best of both worlds.

Or just take the oem muffler off and wot everywhere if you like ricer noyzes.

^^ I second this.

My EC catted DP + an Eurodyne tune would fit your budget and the results are pretty spectacular in terms of how it changes the car. (stg2 is a massive improvement over stock)

..also do tires, the stock all-seasons are garbage in either season LOL

Knndysk

Can I piggy back here? I’m having trouble picking the apr carbon fiber intake because of the secondary air intake and the fact that apr just let’s it sit out there and throws a filter on it, talk about heat soak?

I’m thinking though: Apr carbon fiber intake, turbo inlet, turbo muffler delete, ecu tune, and cat back exhaust. Prob not all at once but what do you guys think about the carbon fiber intake with that sai sitting there in the middle of the engine just chillin with its little filter attached??

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Can I piggy back here? I’m having trouble picking the apr carbon fiber intake because of the secondary air intake and the fact that apr just let’s it sit out there and throws a filter on it, talk about heat soak?

I’m thinking though: Apr carbon fiber intake, turbo inlet, turbo muffler delete, ecu tune, and cat back exhaust. Prob not all at once but what do you guys think about the carbon fiber intake with that sai sitting there in the middle of the engine just chillin with its little filter attached??

It's just the SAI. Sucks in air, shoves into exhaust stream. nbd

I think you should buy an afe dry filter for $50 and save a shitton of money.

mk7carbongti

Passed Driver's Ed

I've got a Dinan module, adjustable from +1-4 PSI . Ran 13.7 13.8 with it alone. $165 shipped to your door.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I love spending other peoples money...

So, to be to the point I would spend my money on the AWE exhaust. Best in the business.

Now, if we open it up a bit: if it were my money, I would go with a GTI Jake DP w/ resonator and a Unitronic Stage 2 tune. That would about blow the budget right there, maybe a little over but it would accomplish two things: one, give you some sound (not a lot) and two, will make sure you'll need to start saving for a clutch upgrade.