GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tail Light Coding Help

Elwood

3-7-77
Golf 1.8 TSI with stock tail lights
5 brake light mod and single-side parking light mods working fine

My left outside parking light is not working. Inside works fine.

I’ve spent the last couple hours going through the coding without any luck. Does anyone know the channel that adjusts the brightness for the parking light? I can’t find it and don’t feel like randomly doing much of anything in VCDS.

Thanks!

VWGTI

Ready to race!
I believe that it's channel Leuchte20BR; Where it says "standlicht allgemein," adjust the "Dimwert" setting.

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't find "standlicht allgemein" anywhere.

That probably is why you don't have running lights. If you look at lichtfuncktion G, it should say inactive. If it is, change it to "standlicht allgemein" and set the dimwert setting to 36, and the direction to maximize

Elwood

3-7-77
That probably is why you don't have running lights. If you look at lichtfuncktion G, it should say inactive. If it is, change it to "standlicht allgemein" and set the dimwert setting to 36, and the direction to maximize

Lichtefunktion G20 was previously set to "blinken links dunkelphase" as part of the 5 brake light mod. I changed it to standlicht allgemein, but it didn't seem to make any difference. There are four dimmwert settings (AB, CD, ED, GH) and the left side matches the right side.

Under Basic Settings for that module, there is an option to restore defaults. Do you have any experience with this?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Golf 1.8 TSI with stock tail lights

5 brake light mod and single-side parking light mods working fine

My left outside parking light is not working. Inside works fine.

Just to be clear is the single sided-parking light on the outer left light working but your running light isn’t?

Could you please share your current settings for Leuchte20 and Leuchte21?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VWGTI

Ready to race!
Pm'd

Elwood

3-7-77
I found a channel set to "parkinglicht links" instead of "standstill allgemein" like the right side. I changed it and it works now. If this ever happens to anyone else, you need to very carefully compare the settings on one side to the other.