GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thoughts on motor/transmission mounts?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I just installed used bfi mounts that looked fine when I installed them, but after a few hundred miles there's now a gap forming at the bottom section. The rubber is askew, and forming a gap at the front. Any ideas? It was properly installed and torqued /aligned. The top actual mount bolt that holds it all together seems to not have budged either.

Attachments

• IMG_20181008_204656.jpg
    IMG_20181008_204656.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 824

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
So are 034s still the preferred engine mounts?

nype

Drag Racing Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This. My BFI have 83k on them with zero issues.

034 on the other hand have more reported failures than even our squishy OEM mounts

I agree with the BFI mounts. It's too bad the SuperPro mounts aren't made anymore.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Thanks guys. BFI on the list it is. With the hundred other things.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
So are 034s still the preferred engine mounts?
On a bone stock car or stage 1 they are okay. Beyond that however I wouldn't recommend them. Honestly I wouldn't recommend them period considering the type of failures I've seen with them.

BFI or Revo mounts are my go to recommendations.

I agree with the BFI mounts. It's too bad the SuperPro mounts aren't made anymore.
I have the Superpro mounts. Had to get them from a seller in the UK. They are great in the NVH department. Really good compromise between NVH and performance.

I'm honestly wondering about how these would compare to the other mounts in the NVH perspective.

I have a friend with all of the racing line mounts that are solid polyurethane. After breakin they are actually pretty livable for race car mounts ?

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I have BFI stage one engine and the APR pendulum. There is a little shake at idle but the awful lurch off and on throttle is gone. Btw, I have a six speed. Car feels more driver oriented and not set up for soccer mom!