GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi David,

I am trying to retrofit ergo active seat with seat heating to my golf mk 7.5 2017.
Was it possible for you to adapt the heating seat function to on (and getting a fault on terminal 30 or something)?

Currently I have a:

VIN: WVWZZZAUZHP306641 Mileage: 14274km-8869miles

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: None
Part No SW: 5Q0 937 084 CE HW: 5Q0 937 084 CE
Component: BCM MQBAB M H34 0236
Serial number: 02001702500948
Coding: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Shop #: WSC 00028 028 00024
ASAM Dataset: EV_BCMMQB 017001
ROD: EV_BCMBOSCH_017.rod
VCID: 7DFA106FECB908AC4F-8028

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:| 3Q0-907-530-V1.clb
Part No SW: 3Q0 907 530 C HW: 3Q0 907 530 C
Component: GW MQB High 515 5286
Serial number: 27011710520156
Coding: 030100047F085700FA000248080F00010001050000000000000000000000
Shop #: WSC 00028 028 00024
ASAM Dataset: EV_GatewNF 013020
ROD: EV_GatewNF_VW27.rod
VCID: 2F66FA2776552A3C8D-807A

A High gateway with a Mid BCM (rofl..). The guys from Kufatec says it is possible (and I am thinking it to, because the coding is accepted by the controller else I would get, out of range right?). But first I need to check te pins to be 100% sure..

Other question. Does anyone knows the pins for the ergo active massage function?

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
as previously said, I went to the upholsterer this morning and the retrofit is now complete.

the coding will be accepted by a Medium BCM but I bet my ass that the pins are missing.

IF YOU NEED A BCM HIGH PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

the gateway is irrelevant for heated seats.

ergoActive seats should not be much different from regular/memory electric seats. they just need an extra wire for power from fuse 45 from the fusebox next to the BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
as previously said, I went to the upholsterer this morning and the retrofit is now complete.

the coding will be accepted by a Medium BCM but I bet my ass that the pins are missing.

IF YOU NEED A BCM HIGH PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE.

the gateway is irrelevant for heated seats.

ergoActive seats should not be much different from regular/memory electric seats. they just need an extra wire for power from fuse 45 from the fusebox next to the BCM.

Hi David,

I searched the part number. Pins are idd missing on the 5Q0 937 084 CE:

But I need to check if the pins on mine are missing (but why are there some white marks on that pins?).

Further what I would like to ask:

Passenger cables. The big black one with purple is for the heated seats. The yellow one for the airbag. But what is that small one with 4 pins? And how do I plug this one in.

For driver seat:

What is this big plug for?

A small two pins plug:

I have Elsawin but the VW db is in German... pff. Maybe someone could tell what the big plug is and the two small plugs (4 pin and 2 pin).

Thanks. I will write you a Pm David.

Edit: Driver seat module for massage function: 3AA959257

Last edited:

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
CONSIDER I CANNOT SEE YOUR PICS.

the "big black" is for heated/power seats.
of course I didn't have the mating socket on the car side, that's the loom you need to buy from Kufatec, one side goes to BCM/fusebox then it splits to both seats (and good luck routing it under the carpet).

the yellow plug is the airbag, correct.
on driver side I have another black small with two wires, that's probably the seat pre-tensioner.
on pax side I have another black small with four pins, that's probably the seat pre-tensioner and seat occupant sensor.

these yellow and small blacks should be present and connected now to your stock seats. well if you don't have them, just ignore them on the new seats. if you have them but the connectors don't mate, it's probably just a matter of "custom adapting" the wiring.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I'm not sure if this helps at all with understanding low-mid-high line BCMs, but here's my experience: I thought I had a "low" line BCM because I have a base model GSW S. Part # is 5Q0 937 087 AM

I wanted to install fog lights and figured I would have to use an external relay because the pins would be missing on the BCM. However, all the pins are there.

Here are the pins for connector "B":

Pins 1-8
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kjrhnQNzskBTdOC5FlOjHnDpDr0Ft2uZ

Pins 9-46
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1olOnag9viRg_QLjpBkgIQh4mitAYh6nx

Not only are pins B5 and B45 there (the two fog light pins) but all the pins that correspond to functions in the wiring diagram are there, including the pins for ambient lighting, seat warmers, etc... and the fog pins ended up working as expected.

You can figure out which pins you have by disconnecting the connectors and jamming your cell phone in between the A-pillar and the BCM using a selfie-stick or just even with your hand. I had to take about a dozen photos before I had enough that were clear and focused enough to count each physical pin.

Here are all the pinouts for the three connectors of the BCM and their corresponding function:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PyumaFCJL4OmU78j9Ft13sAXzZxkjwfP

Hope this helps.

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
CONSIDER I CANNOT SEE YOUR PICS.

the "big black" is for heated/power seats.
of course I didn't have the mating socket on the car side, that's the loom you need to buy from Kufatec, one side goes to BCM/fusebox then it splits to both seats (and good luck routing it under the carpet).

the yellow plug is the airbag, correct.
on driver side I have another black small with two wires, that's probably the seat pre-tensioner.
on pax side I have another black small with four pins, that's probably the seat pre-tensioner and seat occupant sensor.

these yellow and small blacks should be present and connected now to your stock seats. well if you don't have them, just ignore them on the new seats. if you have them but the connectors don't mate, it's probably just a matter of "custom adapting" the wiring.

Thank you for the reply. So the small pins goes to the seat tensioner or? As I can see my current passenger side seat only has a yellow airbag plug.

-- If they are missing, I will ignore them.

The very big plug on the driver side will be the ergoactive function I guess?
Now as I have bought the harness with electrical seat adjusment from kufatec and I dont have the electrical adjusment seat now..... I can use the cable for the ergo active on fuse 45 right?

Only need to find the correct BCM now for the car.

Edit:

@southpawboston,

Thanks for the tips and great advise. That pdf is really handy, I was looking for the pinouts idd. Thank you.
Also will check if the pins are avaible on the bcm (Need to find the highline module for 2016/2017 if they aren't there).
Did you read you module by vcds or something as you tought it was a lowline?

Edit:

In meantime, I've found out that this one: 5Q0937086AK have all the needed pins. But it is from a station.

Last edited:

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
Could someone maybe tell me what BCM I need if I want to replace it to from Midline to Highline..

Etka shows different part numbers like: 5Q0 937 085 BL.. The current one is: 5Q0 937 084 CE. So if I am correct it would be 5Q0 937 084 CL? Because this one is the 433 MHZ? (And the only one with 084..)

Screenshot of ETKA:

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
it's weird how ETKA does not mention your actual BCM. mine was a CJ stock and as you can see the pictures it tells to use a CL.

your stock BE is not mentioned so I wouldn't know. ETKA should be able to direct you.

you might want to check HW/SW on yours, then go for one which has AT LEAST that revision.

SKIN1

Has anyone pulled this retrofit off yet? I have been buying parts but do not have a list compiled as to what is needed. So far I have a full set of seats and the heater controls with heated seats buttons. I have a VAG-COM too but do not know if it is needed or not...?

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
Found some time to check BCM if it really was missing the pins (to be sure) blabla. And yes, the midline doesn't have the pins:

Now searching for the correct BCM. Found a 7.5 R line BCM unit:

Part No SW: 5Q0 937 085 BN HW: 5Q0 937 085 BF
Component: BCM MQBAB MNA H36 0253

This one has a newer version and is a USA model.. Contacted the dealer and a local oem vw parts reseller for it now if makes any problem.

@ SKIN:

You need to have a BCM that supports the seat heating. You need a climate control / panel with the buttons. Then you need to place the wiring (look @ kufatec or some other cable guys): https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/golf/golf-7-5q/harness-seat-heating-golf-7. Make sure you know if you have ergo active / memory / electric seat etc.

I have the ergo active function but no seat adjusment, so I am wiring the constant powering to my ergo massage function (I have ordered the one with seat adjusment..
But didn't have it, so now I have a spare cable for the ergo active massage function).

You get coding / adaptions instructions to from the company that you buy the retrofit cables from.. It is not that dificult, just go to group 09 cent electronics and do the coding/adaption.

- Vagcom/VCDS is needed (check if it support minimal 16.8.2 else it doesn't have all the libraries for a golf 7..). And when you have to replace the bcm, make sure you have a vas5054a or pass-thru device for Odis Service. You need to go online with it to remove the component protection.

When you have a older bcm than you got now, but if highline, it is possible to flash it with the newer correct sgo / frm software. But it is not recommended.

SKIN1

Thank you so much for the info. I was looking all over and found that same website that you posted. I am wondering if I can order those parts direct from my VW dealer rather than buying from kufatec.de Germany and having shipped...?

When you try to add this part to your cart, it says that two other things are needed as well which totals three separate items, the BCM being one of them.

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/golf/golf-7-5q/harness-seat-heating-heater-mats-vw-golf-7

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/oem-parts-special-item/control-unit-highline-mqb

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/golf/golf-7-5q/harness-seat-heating-golf-7

So now I don't know if the BCM or as they call it, the MQB is supposed to be 433MHz or 315MHz...?

And as for the "Harness seat heating for VW Golf 7", I don't know if I need seat adjustment or just heated? My seats only have the back adjust and the forward and backward slider is manual as is the lumbar. Not sure if "seat adjustment" is the just the back or a full seat movement via switch...?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
US Golfs have 315MHz while European Golfs have 433MHz. Your vehicle key should tell you what you have

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
So based on my key fob I need the 315MHz one which on kufatec is 379euro!

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/oem-parts-special-item/control-unit-highline-mqb-315-mhz?action_ms=1

Not sure what BCM I can use for my 2015 Sportwagen S TDI without spending $446 USDollhairs! (AEF youtuber reference)

Do you know what kind of BCM you currently have? You can check it by VCDS, or just take the bcm out. If you need an other one, you can buy a 2nd hand from ebay or something. Remove the component protection with odis and pair your keys to it.

@ my keyfob there isn't any info about the mhz. Also there is no info yet on wat BCM I would need. The dealer doesn't want to help.. (pff).

Any suggestions would be nice ^^.

Edit:

Found one:
5Q0937084CF (2017)

Also continental, PQ37H, same numbers of SW/HW only the last letter (from E to F).

Last edited: