GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I don't know the code but it's called removing NAR restrictions. That's what will let the fogs stay on and act like corning lights also.

We don't have any restriction turned on like that here.

I don't know the light channels for the AFS lights in those headlight units. If you know the light channel numbers, I can tell you the relevant coding to make them work the way you want.

Sorry didn't get around to looking, had to get a new battery. Will resume playing when I get chance. Not even sure if it will let you have the front fog and cornering light on at the same time yet.

On a side note..... Has anyone with a pedal box DTUK/REMUS tried the throttle response mod and if so what difference with the box on still? I picture in my mind it turns the throttle into an ON/OFF switch.:D

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I switched my DRLs to fogs. What are the channels I need to change to revert back to the original setting of having my high beam bulbs be the DRLs? No lighting package, regular reflector housings.
Thanks.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I switched my DRLs to fogs. What are the channels I need to change to revert back to the original setting of having my high beam bulbs be the DRLs? No lighting package, regular reflector housings.
Thanks.

The high beam (non LP) light channels are:
Leuchte8FL LB39
Leuchte9FL RB2

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I’d like to get the orange lights working but I can live with it this way!

A couple months ago I had a similar idea. Now my front turn signals, rear parking lights and license plate lights (as puddles) turn on as soon as the inner light is on.

For my front turn signals I changed the coding to:

- Lichtfunktion C 0 from not active to Innenlicht
- Dimmwert CD 0 from 0 to 20
- Lichtfunktion C 1 from not active to Innenlicht
- Dimmwert CD 1 from 0 to 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
A couple months ago I had a similar idea. Now my front turn signals, rear parking lights and license plate lights (as puddles) turn on as soon as the inner light is on.

For my front turn signals I changed the coding to:

- Lichtfunktion C 0 from not active to Innenlicht
- Dimmwert CD 0 from 0 to 20
- Lichtfunktion C 1 from not active to Innenlicht
- Dimmwert CD 1 from 0 to 20

I like that in theory, when you are walking up to your car and unlock with the remote, but unfortunately every time someone opens a door, or every time you shut your engine, your outside lights are coming on. And the moment you lock your car with the remote, everything goes dark.

Wouldn't you prefer to have your exterior lights come on as part of Coming Home/Leaving Home? You can program any light that is controlled by the BCM to come on with CH/LH.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I like that in theory, when you are walking up to your car and unlock with the remote, but unfortunately every time someone opens a door, or every time you shut your engine, your outside lights are coming on. And the moment you lock your car with the remote, everything goes dark.

Wouldn't you prefer to have your exterior lights come on as part of Coming Home/Leaving Home? You can program any light that is controlled by the BCM to come on with CH/LH.

You’re right and I know it’s not the ideal solution. For me it’s just a compromise because I haven’t found a different solution yet. During the night it’s obvious with the dimming factor of 20 while during the day it’s not too visible. CH I just press the lock button later. I personally prefer that over the necessity to have the light switch on Auto all the time.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
also, i've installed ed's replicas with led halos today. do you know how to disable the dot in the inner halo when drls are on?

You mean the U right? Halos are full circles. The light in the inner U is called the city light, it can be disabled but I forget the German name for the coding of it. Some one else will chime in, or there are a few threads out there describing how to do what you ask. Might even be somewhere in this thread.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You mean the U right? Halos are full circles. The light in the inner U is called the city light, it can be disabled but I forget the German name for the coding of it. Some one else will chime in, or there are a few threads out there describing how to do what you ask. Might even be somewhere in this thread.

Yeah, the U's.
I'll wait for someone's input.
Btw, what is the purpose of the dot? I assume there is some purpose if it even has its own name.

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Yeah, the U's.

I'll wait for someone's input.

Btw, what is the purpose of the dot? I assume there is some purpose if it even has its own name.

In European markets, there’s a law requiring a secondary light on each side of the car, I’m assuming in case the headlight goes out so it doesn’t just look like a motorcycle coming up the road. Usually automakers just integrate this light into the headlight housing somehow

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Got mine in the mail today. Did the remote window, door chime, soundkator, and throttle response. Pretty cool so far. Not really sure if the throttle response changed much. Found a few codes during the scan of course. Overall pleased