GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GOLF R Coilover Recommendations

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I own a 2018 Golf R and I want to know what the best coilovers are for my car.

No such thing as best. It depends on what you are using them for. Street, Track, Drag, Auto cross, Mixed?

Ohlins are usually the Top Tier in most regards.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
No such thing as best. It depends on what you are using them for. Street, Track, Drag, Auto cross, Mixed?

Ohlins are usually the Top Tier in most regards.

x2. Putting Ohlins on my MkV. Probably best you can get for a daily driver that will also fair amount of track time. They are single adjust and easy to do as you go from street to track and back.

You can go further with dual adjust and remote reservoir stuff but then you go from 2600 US to 4k - 6K Us per set. This would be for cars that are more track oriented.

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
He wants coilovers... why cant he get coilovers?

He could, but due to the lack of detail in the original question it's hard to know what's really called for. Someone could doubtless write an extensive overview of the various market options, but that would be a total waste of time without knowing what the OP wants to do/achieve.

So OP, what's your intention?

Neil
15 Golf R - No coilovers
96 M3 - Koni DA Coilovers

AR11

Ready to race!
You have to say the magic word to access the definitive Best Parts List

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Im running KW V2's with DCC cancellers, I chose to use cancellers because I never adjusted my DCC and I would of bought a 2018 GOLF R without it if they were still an option. I was previously on lowering springs and the ride was harsh and not what I wanted with a brand new Golf R. So I opted for KW's and the ride is better than it was with the stock spring and shock set up. They are a bit pricy but well worth it for me at the end of the day and the occasional track day mixed in there.

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
x2. Putting Ohlins on my MkV. Probably best you can get for a daily driver that will also fair amount of track time. They are single adjust and easy to do as you go from street to track and back.

You can go further with dual adjust and remote reservoir stuff but then you go from 2600 US to 4k - 6K Us per set. This would be for cars that are more track oriented.

Wished Ohlins came with camber plates, for that reason I like the KW Clubsports (2-way) better which I have on my MKV R.

Trying to figure a suspension for my new 7.5 R, might just do the Clubsports again.

mc55

Passed Driver's Ed
I have Ohlins, best suspension I've ever had.

Slow*Jim

Ready to race!
Ohlins, Sachs, and Bilstein PSS10 are the only ones that are actually adjustable without removing the rear shock.