GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Owner

Hi Everyone,

New member, and new GTI owner, writing to say hello and give a thanks for the good info I have been reading on the forum before getting a beautiful GTI.

Looking forward to doing some more lurking, just now as a member (and contributing a little, I guess...). :)

-Bacon

P.S. Mods, if this is the wrong place for this kind of post, please let me know and I can delete it.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Welcome, congrats. Post what you like, don't like about your car (you'll like way more than what you don't !) what you do, don't do & add pics if poss....

Last edited:

mensaman

Ready to race!
Welcome to the party pal!

Don't start modding or you'll never stop!

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Last edited:

joofcorn

Ready to race!
"Location: Far Northwest Burbs (but not quite farmland, that's a town over), Illinois" Sounds like my neck of the woods, welcome.

Thanks for the welcomes and helpful links, everyone. Looks like I will be busy!!

So far, the car is pretty new to me, and I will be reserving some of the likes/dislikes until I have put a couple dozen hours into driving.
I did notice that my front windows to not go all the way down (there is a tiny sliver of window that sticks up near the B pillar). Maybe a check with the dealer, or the "search" button here is in order...

With modding, first "mod" will be getting a front plate put on.
After break-in and some time to really get used to the car, I will see after that. I have already had a couple friends with VW's and Audi's make me promise that I know how to spell APR.

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Funny, you're only one town over as i'm Fox River Grove. Did you actually manage to get the car with no front plate? If so, I'm jealous, and please don't drill into the front bumper haha. There are a bunch of tow hook mounts (not my favorite but theyre there), something that clamps to the front lower grill, or even hide a plates that mount underneath.

joofcorn

Ready to race!
Unrelated, but if you know anyone looking to buy a house in the area, I've been trying to sell mine and move to Crystal Lake. PM me if you do know anyone. :D

Funny, you're only one town over as i'm Fox River Grove. Did you actually manage to get the car with no front plate? If so, I'm jealous, and please don't drill into the front bumper haha. There are a bunch of tow hook mounts (not my favorite but theyre there), something that clamps to the front lower grill, or even hide a plates that mount underneath.

Howdy, neighbor!
I drive through there on my way home from work most nights. If you ever see me out there, feel free to give a wave.

Lol, with the plate, I made it a point to remind the salesman NOT to drill the bumper while they were "prepping" the car. Right now, I am heavily leaning towards the US Mill Works mount, but just procrastinating on the purchase.