GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk7 facelift 2017 vcds Light assist and options what is possible?

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

Is it possible to activate the light assist on a golf Mk 7.5 with coming home, rain sensor, light sensor etc active? The code is '8G1'. Is it possible with vcds to activate this option and where can it be found? At central electronics?

Then I mean the high beam assist when a other car/light is detected and activate low beam when raining, assist. I know I had it on my golf mk6. Is it possible on a golf Mk75? Or only the dynamic assist when having the front camera?

Further I tried to activate some stuff of the discovery, it seems that vcds 18.20 long coding messes the code up and doesn't save it correctly.. I had to restore it with odis online, so I guess we need to wait when Ross tech releases the correct algorithms/calculations for the newest discover media (the one with touch screen)?

What of options are further possible on the facelift? I know the settings like needle sweep etc. But it seems that a lot of Swap modules are introduced...

Thanks in advance.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

Is it possible to activate the light assist on a golf Mk 7.5 with coming home, rain sensor, light sensor etc active? The code is '8G1'. Is it possible with vcds to activate this option and where can it be found? At central electronics?

Then I mean the high beam assist when a other car/light is detected and activate low beam when raining, assist. I know I had it on my golf mk6. Is it possible on a golf Mk75? Or only the dynamic assist when having the front camera?

Further I tried to activate some stuff of the discovery, it seems that vcds 18.20 long coding messes the code up and doesn't save it correctly.. I had to restore it with odis online, so I guess we need to wait when Ross tech releases the correct algorithms/calculations for the newest discover media (the one with touch screen)?

What of options are further possible on the facelift? I know the settings like needle sweep etc. But it seems that a lot of Swap modules are introduced...

Thanks in advance.

You need the camera for high beam assist.

I wouldn't have thought you should have issues coding your infotainment.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

What type of problems with "ver 18.20"?

"messes the code up and doesn't save it correctly"
- what do you mean?

I'm aware that there ARE compatibility problems with VCDS lite & HEX+CAN cables on the newer OBD 2.0 protocols (remember, the design for these cables is over 20 years old) - but I wasn't aware that there were these types of problems with the newest software (i.e. HEX-NET & HEX-V2 cables seem to run OK on ver 18.2 - I had understood).

Don

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
For the infotaiment unit. The long coding of the mfi 5f radio was in my case messed up. The long coding changed from 02731.... To 37.... And after another reset to 47...

I have a hex-v2 interface pro to use with latest rosstech software.

The original code by vcds 18.2 was: 02731001FF0000005111010100880A001F0500C401200100CF

But when saving it saves a whole other long coding (so the radio was booting up with vw allroad logo, then a r logo, then a gti logo).

-

@IWMTOM, so in fact it is a other system than at a Golf MK6? At the accessoires list it says (in dutch).

-----
Grootlichtassistent (Light Assist) 8G1 € 119 144 º º
- signaleert via sensor voorliggend en tegemoetkomend verkeer
- automatische omschakeling tussen dim- en grootlicht vanaf 65 km/h
.. let op: niet i.c.m. LED verlichting 'Plus'

-----

Signals via sensor present and oncoming traffic / it doesn't say about needing a (a5f) front camera? Also I cant find any coding for enable low beam when raining etc.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
For the infotaiment unit. The long coding of the mfi 5f radio was in my case messed up. The long coding changed from 02731.... To 37.... And after another reset to 47...

I have a hex-v2 interface pro to use with latest rosstech software.

The original code by vcds 18.2 was: 02731001FF0000005111010100880A001F0500C401200100CF

But when saving it saves a whole other long coding (so the radio was booting up with vw allroad logo, then a r logo, then a gti logo).

-

@IWMTOM, so in fact it is a other system than at a Golf MK6? At the accessoires list it says (in dutch).

-----
Grootlichtassistent (Light Assist) 8G1 € 119 144 º º
- signaleert via sensor voorliggend en tegemoetkomend verkeer
- automatische omschakeling tussen dim- en grootlicht vanaf 65 km/h
.. let op: niet i.c.m. LED verlichting 'Plus'

-----

Signals via sensor present and oncoming traffic / it doesn't say about needing a (a5f) front camera? Also I cant find any coding for enable low beam when raining etc.

High beam assist uses the camera behind the rear view mirror - the same one used for lane assist and traffic sign recognition. It's a pain to retrofit, as you need a new windscreen.

Live without it.