GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake pads

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I’m hearing squeaky noisesfrom my brakes. Times to change ? Where can I buy oem brake pads for self installation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer or ECS Tuning. Two options.
How many miles on car? Curios what type wear.
I am at 50,000 miles and fronts are at 3mm. VW recommends replace at 2mm.

Cars245 should also sell.

Last edited:

faisalbasha

Ready to race!
I called Volkswagen and they said that if the pads need changing they change the rotors as well is that true or is that just a money maker ?

If I were to take my car to the dealership they said they will do a full detailed inspection of the car which includes brakes wheel rotation oil change. For 195.

It’s a 45 k inspection. Should I do it or forget their bla bla and just get pads and I will be good to go ????

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I called Volkswagen and they said that if the pads need changing they change the rotors as well is that true or is that just a money maker ?

If I were to take my car to the dealership they said they will do a full detailed inspection of the car which includes brakes wheel rotation oil change. For 195.

It’s a 45 k inspection. Should I do it or forget their bla bla and just get pads and I will be good to go ????

What is the cost of the parts? OE pads and disc?
Some disc rotors do not cost a lot so changing might be good but labor cost also more if VW does it.

Squishy

Ready to race!
47300km. The noise I hear is like scratching s blackboard.
Does the noise only happen after the car has been sitting for a while and then goes away after the first few stops? Or is it always there?

It's a money maker, there is no way you need new rotors after 45k. When teh rotors become warped, you start to feel some vibrating or pulsating when applying the brakes, if that's not happening then you don't need new rotors.