GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your monthly cost for insurance?

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
I’m 31. Single. One car. Zero tickets. Zero accidents (knocks on wood). All possible discounts from Progressive. Deductible of $150 with upper insurance range limits, I’m paying $450 every six months. And it’s increasing ever so slightly with every renewal. I feel I’m overpaying.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
$150/month, 3 cars, Miata, Forester, GTI. 36yo, last ticket 4 years ago. $500 deduct. Combo with home.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
$150/month 2.5k deductible with Progressive, 31 years old with a clean record.

I'm trying to switch to https://www.joinroot.com/ just signed up for their test drive. It's a pretty cool concept, they only accept good drivers so there's fewer claims which allows them to offer cheaper rates.

Last edited:

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
$130/mo full coverage, $500 deductible. 1 ticket. 2 not at fault accidents. 29 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
$40. Full coverage.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
$90. Still cheaper by $9 per month than Philly in 2006 for a 2-year-old R with every option vs. a 4-year-old (at the time) GTI with every option. Think Philly's a little high? Same coverage, different insurance company.

BigMac629

Passed Driver's Ed
$65 a month with a $1000 deductible. We also have another car and our home insured with the same company. I am in the DC area now, but I used to live just outside Philly and insurance was the same cost. I’m 30 with only one speeding ticket on record and no accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
$420 per year USAA. Although I got my first ticket in 13 years this January. Had to pay $480 to get it reduced to no point violation... Phuckers!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
$420 per year USAA. Although I got my first ticket in 13 years this January. Had to pay $480 to get it reduced to no point violation... Phuckers!

You are so cheap. I am honestly jealous. I try but my better half has beaten my frugal side so hard it barely works any more.