GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Schwaben vs off brand oil extractor

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you take the jugs of old oil to a quick lube place? Seems like they have to take oil if they sell oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pretty much any auto parts store will take used oil

CDM MK7

Ready to race!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
For those who have used the Schwaben how long do you let the car warm up for before you stick the tub down ? Don’t want to melt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
I saw a video of a guy using something similar, but it seemed to be taking a very long time.

Was probably broken. I'm between 3-4 mins max.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
For those who have used the Schwaben how long do you let the car warm up for before you stick the tub down ? Don’t want to melt it

Plastic generally melts at water's boiling point of 100c/212f, so as long as you didn't just finish racing someone to your garage you should be OK. Just for safety sake though I'd probably drive until the oil temp showed up, which is around 120f IIRC.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Plastic generally melts at water's boiling point of 100c/212f, so as long as you didn't just finish racing someone to your garage you should be OK. Just for safety sake though I'd probably drive until the oil temp showed up, which is around 120f IIRC.

Ok that’s what I figured thanks !

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

I usually just warm the car up by driving around the block a bit and let it sit for 30 minutes after shutdown before using the extractor.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
so after using the mityvac 7400, the schwaben unit is definitely better. The hoses are too rigid on the mityvac and there is no place to store the tubing after. Schwaben unit seems slightly better built as well.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I usually just warm the car up by driving around the block a bit and let it sit for 30 minutes after shutdown before using the extractor.

30 minutes is too long

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
30 minutes is too long

not really, depends where you leave your car. Inside the garage 30 minutes isnt too long and the oil isnt burning hot when changing the filter out. Leave your car outside when its sub 20 degrees then maybe its too long.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I bought a diesel transfer pump, just have to figure out the tubing. It has a 7/8 inlet so I have to reduce it several times.

Anyone know what size fits down the dipstick?