GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Regret not buying Performance Pack?

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
If you don't have it I don't even see the point in commenting about it. When I first bought the car I drove it like a baby. Now I straight up abuse this car pretty much every time I start it. I know that LSD is working overtime I know the brakes work hard for me, if I had to do it again I wouldn't buy it without it.

The fact that even talk about it at all is the answer. If you didn't care if it didn't matter nobody would say anything.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Good for you that you can straight up abuse your car pretty much every time you start it.
In my world, there are police, pedestrians, deer and car insurance rates.
So, exceedingly few opportunities to wring out a limited slip or necessitate larger brakes.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Good for you that you can straight up abuse your car pretty much every time you start it.
In my world, there are police, pedestrians, deer and car insurance rates.
So, exceedingly few opportunities to wring out a limited slip or necessitate larger brakes.

So, exceedingly few opportunities to wring out a GTi, might as well all drive a Prius the way this thread is going. It's slow, good for the environment, homogenous looks, mundane, can't get you in trouble.

APR1

Ready to race!
So, exceedingly few opportunities to wring out a GTi, might as well all drive a Prius the way this thread is going. It's slow, good for the environment, homogenous looks, mundane, can't get you in trouble.

have you seen a Prius driver on the streets?
All the Prius drivers around here believe they are in a Ferrari on a race track...

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Ha,ha,ha....lmao! :D

Isn't that the truth!

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
have you seen a Prius driver on the streets?
All the Prius drivers around here believe they are in a Ferrari on a race track...
Especially this guy...

The Prius

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
For 2017 models, is this even a debate? Going S to Sport is like a $2K difference. For that, you get lighting package, keyless + push start, better brakes, nicer wheels, AND the VAQ differential. How is that value even debatable?

Sure, if you wanna build a high hp track car, get the S and dump an ungodly amount of money into making it a beast. Those few exceptions aside, the whole point of the GTI is value/daily driveability and you lose that when you save $2K off the sport just to dump $4K into an aftermarket LSD, upgraded brakes, and crappier aftermarket xenons for your S.

The people that say they don't need the PP and neither does anyone else....ok, good for you, but some of us actually enjoy driving the car hard. If you don't, great, but others do. Personally, I wouldn't have bought the GTI if I couldn't get the PP and LP. Not worth it to me.

s.hasan546

Passed Driver's Ed
I don’t have it and don’t regret it at all.

The sport was $2-3k more. If I wanted to spend more, I’d rather spend the extra $7-8k for a used golf r.

I use my gti as a DD sitting in NYC traffic 80% of the time & 20% time is spent on boring straight highways. The PP is useless for this. I also am lucky enough to have “fun” cars (think rwd, light, manual). Both the PP and regular S cars aren’t that much “fun” when compared to real sports cars.

So the “regular” S is perfect for my daily commute. If I only had one car tho, I’d at the minimum get the PP if not the Golf R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
For 2017 models, is this even a debate? Going S to Sport is like a $2K difference. For that, you get lighting package, keyless + push start, better brakes, nicer wheels, AND the VAQ differential. How is that value even debatable?

Sure, if you wanna build a high hp track car, get the S and dump an ungodly amount of money into making it a beast. Those few exceptions aside, the whole point of the GTI is value/daily driveability and you lose that when you save $2K off the sport just to dump $4K into an aftermarket LSD, upgraded brakes, and crappier aftermarket xenons for your S.

The people that say they don't need the PP and neither does anyone else....ok, good for you, but some of us actually enjoy driving the car hard. If you don't, great, but others do. Personally, I wouldn't have bought the GTI if I couldn't get the PP and LP. Not worth it to me.

Agree 100%, the Sport was $2.5K more.

Last edited:

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
"The sport was $2-3k more. If I wanted to spend more, I’d rather spend the extra $7-8k for a used golf r. "
Lol, used golf R. If you compare a used gti pp to a used golf r , the proposition is still better... you cant compare used and new of diff models like that. and honestly the likeihood either of them will be beat up by the owner, is much more likely than not.

And whoever thinks larger brakes on the street arent useful, we'll be waiting for your thread "i just totalled my car cause i couldnt stop. pics included" and we'll be there to play a small violin for you. my brakes have ALREADY saved my ass once, where literally any less brake power wouldve been me getting in an accident. NOt sure how people convince themselves brakes arent worth upgrading without 'more power'.

"I seem to remember an S MSRP about $25,500 and the Sport about $30,500 (DSG models)."
S without DSG is 25.5 U add DSG its like 27.5 (1100 for dsg)
27.9 sport without dsg, 29.9 with.
(all assuming msrp, not actual deal price just starting haggle point =D ) PP was only an option before 17 i think. Now sport and up all have the PP built in.

Last edited:

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Lol, used golf R. If you compare a used gti pp to a used golf r , the proposition is still better... you cant compare used and new of diff models like that. and honestly the likeihood either of them will be beat up by the owner, is much more likely than not.

And whoever thinks larger brakes on the street arent useful, we'll be waiting for your thread "i just totalled my car cause i couldnt stop. pics included" and we'll be there to play a small violin for you. my brakes have ALREADY saved my ass once, where literally any less brake power wouldve been me getting in an accident. NOt sure how people convince themselves brakes arent worth upgrading without 'more power'.

"I seem to remember an S MSRP about $25,500 and the Sport about $30,500 (DSG models)."
S without DSG is 25.5 U add DSG its like 27.5 (1100 for dsg)
27.9 sport without dsg, 29.9 with.
(all assuming msrp, not actual deal price just starting haggle point =D )

My 2017 Sport DSG MSRP was a tad under $31,000, because of destination, 2 sets of floor mats, cargo net, wheel locks, cargo liner and those cargo blocks.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG