GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spacers for 18x8.5 wheel

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
This has probably been answered 300 times before and I sincerely apologize if it has...

I have Neuspeed RSe10 18x8.5 on my car with VWR lowering springs and tire size is 235/40r18. I have read conflicting reviews on spacers for this wheel set up. Some say no spacers are needed for flush (which isn't true since I already did the install and it isn't flush), some say none on the front and 5mm on the rear, and some say none on the front and 8mm on the rear.

I agree that none are needed for the front. I don't want to get any rub on cornering and I think poking them anymore will cause rub. My question is, is anyone running this size wheel and spacers on the rear, and if so what size spacer.

Thank you for any advice!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What’s the offset of those wheels? ET45?

If so, you’re basically as flush as someone with the stock Austin wheels running 15mm spacers on all corners. And since most spacer flush kits for the Austins are 15mm front / 20mm rear, you should be flush up front. Maybe add a 5mm spacer on the rear.

http://willtheyfit.com

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
What’s the offset of those wheels? ET45?

If so, you’re basically as flush as someone with the stock Austin wheels running 15mm spacers on all corners. And since most spacer flush kits for the Austins are 15mm front / 20mm rear, you should be flush up front. Maybe add a 5mm spacer on the rear.

http://willtheyfit.com

yes they are +45 sorry I forgot to add that. Fronts are pretty good as you said, the rears could come out a bit I just wanted to see what others are saying as far as 5mm vs. 8mm It looks like 5mm is definitely the way to go, like I said just looking for opinions from those who have done it before me. Thanks for your help

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I’d wait for some other opinions. I have no experience with this. Just knowledge from researching future mods/upgrades.

[emoji1303]

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
So ECS sells a kit where it has different mm spacer sizes with the bolts. You basically buy it for mock up only and return it when you're done with it and they refund the money. Seems like a great idea except it doesn't contain a 5mm spacer. I will wait and see what others say but judging by the pictures of others, 5mm seems to be the right set up

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
post some pictures. Normally 18x8.5 with 45 offset look just right. Keep in mind, I'm anti-spacers Where are you in SC? I'm in Lexington/Redbank. Currently saving up for Neuspeed RSE11's myself

Last edited:

frosty.mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
post some pictures. Normally 18x8.5 with 45 offset look just right. Keep in mind, I'm anti-spacers Where are you in SC? I'm in Lexington/Redbank

I don't have any pics right now, but I will post some tomorrow. It is really close, but it's not as close as it was when I was running stock Austins with 20mm rear spacers on springs. I don't want it hella flush (as the kids say) but I would like a more flush fitment.

I am in Charleston so you aren't too far away, about 2 hours or so

terp_man

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running V710's 8.5 et35 (stock height). No rub or issues. The rear is absolutely perfect, and front has minimal poke, but I like the aggressiveness of it. Thinking of lowering with B B14s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
This has probably been answered 300 times before and I sincerely apologize if it has...

I have Neuspeed RSe10 18x8.5 on my car with VWR lowering springs and tire size is 235/40r18. I have read conflicting reviews on spacers for this wheel set up. Some say no spacers are needed for flush (which isn't true since I already did the install and it isn't flush), some say none on the front and 5mm on the rear, and some say none on the front and 8mm on the rear.

I agree that none are needed for the front. I don't want to get any rub on cornering and I think poking them anymore will cause rub. My question is, is anyone running this size wheel and spacers on the rear, and if so what size spacer.

Thank you for any advice!

I have a set of RSe10 18x8.5 ET45, and have run 235/40 tires.
On the rears, I think a 3mm spacer (with appropriate length lugbolts) made the rears look the same as the fronts; relative to the fender.

onehundrednorth

Add a 5mm spacer in the rear and you should be set
Old thread but need some insight. I'm getting 18x8.5 et 45 wheels. Running a 235/40 tire and plan on getting vwr springs. I have the PP mk7.5. I heard I should do an 8mm spacer in the rear to clear the brakes?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Old thread but need some insight. I'm getting 18x8.5 et 45 wheels. Running a 235/40 tire and plan on getting vwr springs. I have the PP mk7.5. I heard I should do an 8mm spacer in the rear to clear the brakes?

Brake clearance issues more likely up front.

Which wheels?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
235/40's with an 8mm spacer up front on top of VWR springs will have your tires hitting the fender.

onehundrednorth

235/40's with an 8mm spacer up front on top of VWR springs will have your tires hitting the fender.
I'm not using the 8mm up front. That was going to be for the rear to help it sit flush. Should I have clearance issues up front I'm going to try the 3mm that someone suggested. Any suggestion on tire sizes would be greatly appreciated. I keep seeing people with the mk7.5 saying 245/40 on VWR springs isn't rubbing after fender screw mod. I don't know anymore. Looks like I'll be waiting awhile to get tires. Im certain I'll be getting the Firehawk Indy tires though.