GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Anyone know of a good detailer in the western suburbs near Naperville? Need a paint correction that's going to involve compound etc. used my orbital to the best I could but it's gonna need more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanJoy

Ready to race!
Glad my car isn't black I suppose. Most aggressive I get is M105 with an orange lake county pad on the porter cable.

This weekend I think I'll put my ST rear sway bar in. Put it up on ramps 2 weeks ago and couldn't get a triple square in the end of the end link because it would hit the springs, immediately lost motivation. Going to just remove the end links with the sway bar and transfer them to the new sway bar off the car. Would have done it last weekend but the dealership had the car trying to find a water leak. Turned out to be a seal that wasn't fully seated from the factory.

reemizzle

Ready to race!
Glad my car isn't black I suppose. Most aggressive I get is M105 with an orange lake county pad on the porter cable.

This weekend I think I'll put my ST rear sway bar in. Put it up on ramps 2 weeks ago and couldn't get a triple square in the end of the end link because it would hit the springs, immediately lost motivation. Going to just remove the end links with the sway bar and transfer them to the new sway bar off the car. Would have done it last weekend but the dealership had the car trying to find a water leak. Turned out to be a seal that wasn't fully seated from the factory.

Yeah I think 105 will be the next route. I have buff marks on it right now :(

DanJoy

Ready to race!
From your previous attempts or from the dealer? My MK6 was hologramed pretty bad when I got it, and M105 and I think just a white pad cleared it up.

reemizzle

Ready to race!
From your previous attempts or from the dealer? My MK6 was hologramed pretty bad when I got it, and M105 and I think just a white pad cleared it up.

From my own previous attempt, when the weather gets better I'll get back at it.

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone here selling an Austin wheel, or knows someone who can fix one?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Anyone here selling an Austin wheel, or knows someone who can fix one?

I know a guy that can fix wheels. He is part of our race club, name is Evan @ Wellis Wheel Repair

1820 Production Dr. Unit C
Saint Charles, Illinois
Get Directions

Wellis, Inc. Alloy Wheel Repair

(847) 610-0168

SuperDuper

Go Kart Newbie
I know a guy that can fix wheels. He is part of our race club, name is Evan @ Wellis Wheel Repair

1820 Production Dr. Unit C
Saint Charles, Illinois
Get Directions

Wellis, Inc. Alloy Wheel Repair

(847) 610-0168

Thank you so much.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Did a dsg service for one of your guys mk7 people this morning. Gotta say the mk7 do feel very nice compared to mk6s. Maybe I'm just used to mine rattling my teeth out every time I drive it [emoji23]

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Did a dsg service for one of your guys mk7 people this morning. Gotta say the mk7 do feel very nice compared to mk6s. Maybe I'm just used to mine rattling my teeth out every time I drive it [emoji23]

Lol no complimentary wash wish a dsg service?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk