GOLFMKV

Coin slot cover insert

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Acetone cure them to make them less "3d print-y" and more shiny

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Any pics of the underside tabs to show how it mounts?
Pictures of the underside.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Pretty much exactly what I came up with in my old thread when I was prototyping. I found that the tabs were not sturdy enough over time, and if I wanted to remove and reinstall it.

Makes sense. It's a great idea, but at the same time.... are the coin slots that big of a deal? I rarely look there or even notice them. 2slow's products are great and I don't see this being an exception. But a whole 3d printed replacement trim would be tits. I would be in for one that removes the armrest and cubby and that stuff.

Edit: As 2slow pointed out 3d printing a whole center console is a major undertaking that could only be done by a company with the funds. I did not mean to say I wanted it from 2slow. If anything I would get the cover as it would be a far cheaper and more sensible option.

Last edited:

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Makes sense. It's a great idea, but at the same time.... are the coin slots that big of a deal? I rarely look there or even notice them. 2slow's products are great and I don't see this being an exception. But a whole 3d printed replacement trim would be tits. I would be in for one that removes the armrest and cubby and that stuff.
Lol man replacing a whole armrest and everything would be something more for a big manufacturing process. As far as the coin slot, I have kids and crumbs and all sorts of stuff falls in there and I have to try and vacuum it out, for me this is cleaner and easier.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Lol man replacing a whole armrest and everything would be something more for a big manufacturing process. As far as the coin slot, I have kids and crumbs and all sorts of stuff falls in there and I have to try and vacuum it out, for me this is cleaner and easier.

Hahah sorry man, I didn't mean I wanted it from you, I know that's asking the moon. Sorry I wasn't clear about that. I'll update my post to reflect that. Like I said your stuff is awesome, no hate. As for kids and crumbs, none of those yet for me, but possibly soon.

VAG_Guy

Passed Driver's Ed
What other goodies has he made??!! Inquiring minds want to know!

In the GTI threads it looks like he has an air scoop for the intake on the drivers side and started making an air blocker to block hot air from passenger side while keeping airflow to the engine, but hasn't posted anymore development on the blocker yet.

Might get the scoop one day in the future.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
In the GTI threads it looks like he has an air scoop for the intake on the drivers side and started making an air blocker to block hot air from passenger side while keeping airflow to the engine, but hasn't posted anymore development on the blocker yet.

Yup here is a link to the scoop. ScoooOooop

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

Yup here is a link to the scoop. ScoooOooop

Thanks for the shout-out on the scoop guys.

Just a heads up the first batch is packaged up and will be shipped out tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the interest, and I will continue to work on new projects.

As far as the air blocker piece mentioned above, It has been on my car for a few weeks now with no ill effects, i really need to get down to logging it to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for all the support guys.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
2slow. are you shipping out the slot covers?

Yes sir at about 2pm today. Not everyone who ordered yet will get a tracking number today, but most should have them by Saturday.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

I've had mine for a week (Thanks for the personal meet!). I finally got around the shooting some photos. I use my 12V socket, so I like having a version that leaves it exposed. This piece is one of those things that cool in concept and then easily forgotten once it's in place, sort of like the OBDEleven holster. I guess that's part of what makes it a great accessory. Anyway, here are my photos:

The "perfectionist" in me would like to put a tiny bead of black caulk around the edges for a tighter look. But I like the ability to quickly remove the panel for cleaning from time to time. I guess that makes this piece an excellent balance between fit and function.

I'm babbling. :rolleyes: Thanks for making these!

Scott