GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Dealer Software fail

RH55

I have a 2017 GTI Autobahn 6 speed. I took it to the dealer recently for its 1 year 10K annual. The dealer said there was some sort of software update they needed to do (possible recall, but I can't swear) in addition to oil, rotate, etc. When I returned they said they had problems with downloading/flashing/installing the software update and ran out of time and I'll need to bring it back. That was a few months ago. So, I have a couple of questions.

1. What was it and should I worry about bringing it back?

2. Should I be worried about installing the Eurodyne flash software package I have sitting on my desk right now?

I just worry that this will be like someone jailbreaking an iPhone and ending up bricking it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I would get the update from the dealer first before flashing your Eurodyne. The reason for this is next time you have to bring it in, you will have on record the software being updated and they are unlikely to try and updated it over your Eurodyne software.

Also a good idea not to go to the dealer flashed so you dont get a TD1 flag.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I have a 2017 GTI Autobahn 6 speed. I took it to the dealer recently for its 1 year 10K annual. The dealer said there was some sort of software update they needed to do (possible recall, but I can't swear) in addition to oil, rotate, etc. When I returned they said they had problems with downloading/flashing/installing the software update and ran out of time and I'll need to bring it back. That was a few months ago. So, I have a couple of questions.

1. What was it and should I worry about bringing it back?

2. Should I be worried about installing the Eurodyne flash software package I have sitting on my desk right now?

I just worry that this will be like someone jailbreaking an iPhone and ending up bricking it.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If you are asking these basic questions you did not read the The MK7 GTI/R Holy Bible/Commandments

RH55

You are correct. I failed to read the Holy Bible and am now condemned to forum purgatory...or worse. Sorry.

I would try to return it to stock if I needed to get it to the dealer. I just wondered if the dealer install was something important and without it the Eurodyne flash might fail.