• 1-13.jpg
    1-13.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 14-26.jpg
    14-26.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 383

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok. From what you post and from cables colors from photos you attach I can ensure that connections are good. If cables arent messed up in rear bumper connector, try to do one more thing:

Stand at the right rear door and lean over to cover the right rear external sensor (the one to PLA). What is on display?

Maybe you really was catched by rear right sensor? They have a wide range and might that be.

The PLA sensors didn't show when standing. They only work when driving with low speed.

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Ok thats a good thing then, and i already tried that, to check if the pla sensors work and they do work. look at the image, thats what it shows on screen,
So i think the module might be faulty

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Then try to replace PLA and rear outside sensor cables in connector of PLA module and check again.

I Thought of that, but it happens on all 4 pla sensors.
and i didnt touch the regular rear and front sensors. they are in the same place they were when i installed 8K

DaveEvening

Passed Driver's Ed
I think that would be cheaper if you firstly try to replace this sensor pins before you bought a new module.

But if you want, I just can say that 5Q0919298K isn't correct part # for your car. It's for cars manufactured by 25.05.2015>later. Try to order 5Q0919298D if your car is up to 25.05.2014 or 5Q0919298F if from 26.05.2014 to 24.05.2015. But I think that connections in all of them will be that same.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I think that would be cheaper if you firstly try to replace this sensor pins before you bought a new module.

But if you want, I just can say that 5Q0919298K isn't correct part # for your car. It's for cars manufactured by 25.05.2015>later. Try to order 5Q0919298D if your car is up to 25.05.2014 or 5Q0919298F if from 26.05.2014 to 24.05.2015. But I think that connections in all of them will be that same.

im 100% sure those pins are in the right place, because when i stand in the regular side sensor not pla, then it still shows in the regular just like the pla.

thats great info man. my car is october 2014. maybe thats the issue? my car doesnt support the newer module?

and what about 5Q0919298A? because i found a forum of a guy with the exact same componetes as i have and his vin says the our car are almost the same.
and he used the A and it works
https://forums.ross-tech.com/search.php?searchid=2329577

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hey, I Just installed my abs sensors and it works. but i still have databus missing message. why is that?

And, when i drive. the path display shows on the rear when i drive forward and on the front when i drive backwards, and the whole right side on the park assist display is showing that it sees something but there is nothing around me. and when i turn left it says its really close to the car but still theres nothing there(Video Attached), what could be the problem? the front pla sensor? rear right abs sensor?

https://vimeo.com/user87536083/review/281064731/8d00358251

Last edited:

Caritaxd

Hey, I Just installed my abs sensors and it works. but i still have databus missing message. why is that?

And, when i drive. the path display shows on the rear when i drive forward and on the front when i drive backwards, and the whole right side on the park assist display is showing that it sees something but there is nothing around me. and when i turn left it says its really close to the car but still theres nothing there(Video Attached), what could be the problem? the front pla sensor? rear right abs sensor?

https://vimeo.com/user87536083/review/281064731/8d00358251

Hey men. Did you solved error 31 ??? Had you bought a new module? I have the same problem. Module not let coding.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Been following this thread and collecting a lot of useful information., thanks for Reaper and DaveEvening.

I am looking to do this upgrade on my vehicle., intending to do - PDC OPS with PLA (Acoustic Buzzer, Optical/Visual Info and Auto Park Assistance).

Can someone please point me to the right place to get this kit ? Like - CarSystems, KufaTec, VW Dealer or AliExpress.

I guess at a minimum, i would need the following -

1. PDC Front & Rear + PLA - Module 5Q0919298F
2. Sensors for front, rear and side (12)
3. Wiring Harnesses
4. Switch for center console
5. 2 Buzzers
6. New ABS Sensors (2 or 4) PartNumber ?

My Vehicle is a MY2017 1.8 TFSI Golf Wolf-berg Edition with Reverse Camera and from DAP (center radar with collision warning and braking). With Highline CAN Gateway, i am sure this should support PDC (front and rear)., not sure about PLA though.

Need your pointers around - install instruction, coding and parts.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Been following this thread and collecting a lot of useful information., thanks for Reaper and DaveEvening.

I am looking to do this upgrade on my vehicle., intending to do - PDC OPS with PLA (Acoustic Buzzer, Optical/Visual Info and Auto Park Assistance).

Can someone please point me to the right place to get this kit ? Like - CarSystems, KufaTec, VW Dealer or AliExpress.

I guess at a minimum, i would need the following -

1. PDC Front & Rear + PLA - Module 5Q0919298F

2. Sensors for front, rear and side (12)

3. Wiring Harnesses

4. Switch for center console

5. 2 Buzzers

6. New ABS Sensors (2 or 4) PartNumber ?

My Vehicle is a MY2017 1.8 TFSI Golf Wolf-berg Edition with Reverse Camera and from DAP (center radar with collision warning and braking). With Highline CAN Gateway, i am sure this should support PDC (front and rear)., not sure about PLA though.

Need your pointers around - install instruction, coding and parts.

Thanks,

Ravi.

Hey, good luck on that project.

Mine was from aliexpress snd it works perfectly, no need to pay so much money to those other companies and get the same thing.

You can buy it as a kit with all the parts you will need, but the list you made has about all the stuff you will need, ghere are smaller stuff you should buy that will help you a lot when installing.

For the abs sensors you will need two rear ones, but if you have ACC then those sensors should be installed already.

The parking sensors connect to the running gear sensors line which cam be found on any gateway so it will not be a problem.

Sure, ask me anything.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the pointers. Will check for it in Aliexpress., by any chance do you have links for the DIYs on this one ?

Especially around the connections - Tapping the Can Installation Gateway Low and High terminals and VCDS coding details.?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the pointers. Will check for it in Aliexpress., by any chance do you have links for the DIYs on this one ?

Especially around the connections - Tapping the Can Installation Gateway Low and High terminals and VCDS coding details.?

Im not sure if there are any DIYs on this(Carsystems has a guide on how to install front and rear and from there you can install the extra 4), I Used Elsawin for wiring, and it all works perfectly, and i used Xagicos guide to code it.

https://carsystems.home.pl/marcin/support/VW_Golf_MK7-_PDC_ANG_v10.pdf

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?6605-Park-Assist-2-0-from-Park-Pilot-Tutorial-PLA-2-0