GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacing window switch unit

GTDragon

Anybody know how to get to the drivers electric window switch unit? I mean the 4 switches and lock button. One of the window switches snapped and I am replacing the whole switch unit (which I now have).

Want to know if that whole part pops out in some way by sliding something under the switch unit trim itself or if I need to take the whole inner door panel off to access from below?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Bishbash

GTDragon, how much did a replacement unit cost you? I've just snapped the end off one of my switches in the group of four and I can't find a replacement anywhere other than VW.

Cheers

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
How did you get that sucker off? The link to that exploded view no longer works. I need to take the damn switches off to figure out why there is such a horrid rattle in there. Did you have any luck doing this?

Any help would be great from anyone.

Marv_gti_mk7_pp

Passed Driver's Ed
I have this same issue !

Dealer wants £55 for the window switch unit and £65 to fit it so I want to fit myself !

Is it more trouble than it’s worth ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
you just remove the door panel ( two bolts), and the switch is held on by clips, so you just take it out and put the new one in but make sure you have some extra door panel clips(The Round Ones) as they break/ stay on the door itself very easily.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Marv_gti_mk7_pp

Passed Driver's Ed

Just in case anybody needed the part number cost was £55 so approx 75 dollars

Going to fit it later this week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dfriedz

you just remove the door panel ( two bolts), and the switch is held on by clips, so you just take it out and put the new one in but make sure you have some extra door panel clips(The Round Ones) as they break/ stay on the door itself very easily.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Can you specify the round door panel clips that break/stay on the door?

I am replacing the window switch and would like to order the parts all together if possible.

Is it this? https://www.vwdirectautoparts.com/o...5PTIwMTUmdD10ZGktc2VsJmU9Mi0wbC1sNC1kaWVzZWw=

Or this?
https://www.vwdirectautoparts.com/o...5PTIwMTUmdD10ZGktc2VsJmU9Mi0wbC1sNC1kaWVzZWw=

Thank you.

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
I did replace my windows-switch without removing my door panel. The old switch was broken, so i released the clips/tabs that hold the switch in the doorpanel, using the new switch as a guideline, and removed the old switch. New switch clicks in, without a problem. No damage!

BUT: The 2 windows switch (mine) is constucted a little different. So be carefull!

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I Ordered 7L6868243 From aliexpress for 3 bucks, and they work perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Does anyone have any tips/tricks on how to best remove the master window switch without removing the door panel? I don't really want to get into removing the door panel.

dcnz

Passed Driver's Ed
I just replaced mine yesterday and honestly, removing the door panel was the easiest way. There are two clips on the front of the master switch and a few smaller ones on the sides that pretty much hold it in place. If you try and force it out from the top, you run the risk of breaking the surround the switches sit in or damaging the door panel.