GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Window Trim

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I'm entertaining the idea of wrapping my window trim in a matte or satin black. I searched here to see if there was a DIY on how to remove the window trim but couldn't find anything. Would anyone happen to have a write-up of this removal process? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
Are you talking about the glossy pieces on the b pillar?

Roll down window and pull the rubber trim out. It just sits between the trim pieces and the door frame. You'll see 3 little black screws and clips. Remove the screws and pop out the clips. You almost might want to stick something down at the base of the window so you don't drop any of the screws or clips inside the door.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Are you talking about the glossy pieces on the b pillar?

Roll down window and pull the rubber trim out. It just sits between the trim pieces and the door frame. You'll see 3 little black screws and clips. Remove the screws and pop out the clips. You almost might want to stick something down at the base of the window so you don't drop any of the screws or clips inside the door.
I was referring to the trim surrounding the windows. For reference, BMW calls it shadow line trim.