GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD on Motorway

Daz321

Looking to get New Golf GTD but what are they like on a run on the motorway? I’ve been told they are quite harsh but would welcome any feedback.

Thanks

Last edited:

Amrit

Looking to get New Golf GTD but what are they like on a run on the motorway? I’ve been told they are quite harsh but would welcome any feedback.

Thanks
Hi mate they're fine on the motorway i don't think it's harsh at all. Generally smooth when cruising along. However i do get abit of tyre noise but have just learnt to deal with it it isn't majorly loud probably me being a bit picky having owned a f10 5 series before. Generally good cars for a motorway run to be honest mine is used daily on the m6.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Amrit

Assuming you're talking about the mark 7.5? I have a mark 7

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

Thanks

Who actually told you that and have they ever driven a modern Diesel at all? They are built for the motorway mile munching.

L3nnox

Ready to race!
Thanks for all you reply’s going to go for one!
Definitely get one, with radar cruise they are awesome on the motorway, especially if you map it. Effortless travel.

I prefer it even to my previous number of 535ds.

Re harshness, yes they run low profiles. In winter I run a set of steelies with a larger profile and it's super comfy.

If you can order the Adaptive suspension. I don't have it but apparently its great.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

lock_r

It is worth it

Definitely get one, with radar cruise they are awesome on the motorway, especially if you map it. Effortless travel.

I prefer it even to my previous number of 535ds.

Re harshness, yes they run low profiles. In winter I run a set of steelies with a larger profile and it's super comfy.

If you can order the Adaptive suspension. I don't have it but apparently its great.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

It is great. I have it on my GTI, and just ordered it for my new GTD. Defo one of the first things I added. Nice and comfortable if you want to cruise, but a bit more sporty when needed.

Heathy

Car(s)
MK7 VW GTD
Drive 35 miles on the motorway every day in my GTD, it's brilliant on them, can feel the odd bump here and there but engine wise they run fairly smooth and overtaking is effortless.