GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Edited title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L26_BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
I offered a JB1 and other goodies to the lower 48, and this canadian guy offered a US address for shipping, but Paypal wise gave his Canadian address, and even after I canceled the paypal transaction he again sent his US address. Please watch out.

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you sure? I'm Canadian and live in New Brunswick. I often have stuff shipped to the border in Maine to save on inflated shipping, brokerage, custom fees etc. I do exactly what you're mentioning now. I may be wrong, but I think you can only have 1 confirmed address.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Yep, there are US companies that offer up US shipping addresses to us Canadians who live close to the border. Big ticket items can often get slapped with hundreds of dollars worth of fees and taxes.

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah man.. if this is the only evidence you have, you may be a little quick on the gun, to accuse someone of fraud. Did you try messaging him to explain?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't understand Paypal, but if you're sure you're going to be paid what difference does it make where you ship to? Amazon will ship anywhere I want.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I offered a JB1 and other goodies to the lower 48, and this canadian guy offered a US address for shipping, but Paypal wise gave his Canadian address, and even after I canceled the paypal transaction he again sent his US address. Please watch out.

It’s to save on shipping and customs. Pretty sure he owns one of the sticker companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleung

Hi everyone

Here’s the deal. I offered to buy the JB1 from this guy and sent him money via PayPal. I wanted to save on shipping and have him send it to my friend in Illinois whom I will be visiting at the end of the month. It’s a lot cheaper to ship there then to ship to Canada.

Yes when I paid him via PayPal it sent my Canadian address, I couldn’t figure out how to add a US address onto my existing Canadian PayPal account so I sent it to him in an email.

He received my payment from PayPal and then refunded it back to me, I’m not sure how I’m scamming him? I’m rather frustrated now because I’m still trying to buy a JB1 and now my money is stuck in PayPal refund process for a few days and I will be charged the service fee if I try to take the money back out of PayPal.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Hi everyone

Here’s the deal. I offered to buy the JB1 from this guy and sent him money via PayPal. I wanted to save on shipping and have him send it to my friend in Illinois whom I will be visiting at the end of the month. It’s a lot cheaper to ship there then to ship to Canada.

Yes when I paid him via PayPal it sent my Canadian address, I couldn’t figure out how to add a US address onto my existing Canadian PayPal account so I sent it to him in an email.

He received my payment from PayPal and then refunded it back to me, I’m not sure how I’m scamming him? I’m rather frustrated now because I’m still trying to buy a JB1 and now my money is stuck in PayPal refund process for a few days and I will be charged the service fee if I try to take the money back out of PayPal.

Did you communicate this ahead of the sale? Might alleviate some of the OP's concerns. I would have reservations myself if there are changes made during the transaction. From my experience, that is an attempt to scam and I tend to not want to make the sale at that point.

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone

I don't think there's a fee. Found this on PayPal's site:

There's no charge to withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your local bank account. Some banks may charge a fee for transfers. Contact your bank directly for more information. Depending on the bank, it can take 3-4 business days for your money to appear in your bank account.

cleung

I don't see how I was acting like a scammer, we agreed before I sent the money on a price shipped to Illinois. I sent him payment via paypal and then emailed him the Illinois address. Not sure where I went wrong?

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
... Not sure where I went wrong?

Did your previous communications include any variation of the following sentence: "By the way, I'm from Canada but shipping this to my friend in Illinois, so just a heads up that the addresses may be different in PayPal"?

If not, that's where you went wrong in the eyes of the seller.

This has been blown a bit out of proportion though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.