GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leaking something?

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
So noticed a couple drops in the laneway. Pulled the belly pan off and looked up. This is what I can see...

It spreads to be pink? The coolant level isn’t that low. What colour is the DSG fluid?

Any help would be appreciated.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Did you run over a porta potty?

Jokes aside, looks kinds like oil mixed with coolant, which is NOT good, but honestly too tough to tell from photos. Could be anything.

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you run over a porta potty?

Jokes aside, looks kinds like oil mixed with coolant, which is NOT good, but honestly too tough to tell from photos. Could be anything.

On a white rag it’s coming off as pink with no sign of oil in it.

Kureigu3

Same exact thing happened to my 2015 R. You have either a water pump or electronic thermostat leak. Dealer will fix for free.

Just be safe, pull the dipstick and make sure the oil color is normal [not grey/white].

Last edited:

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Same exact thing happened to my 2015 R. You have either a water pump or electronic thermostat leak. Dealer will fix for free.

Just be safe, pull the dipstick and make sure the oil color is normal [not grey/white].

Hey thanks for the heads up. I dropped it off at the dealer last night. I checked the oil and the oil looked good. How long did it take them to get the work done?

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Thermostat housing--they're on national backorder. I just waited three weeks for one to come in at our dealer and the day we finished it another car came in with the same problem.

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Thermostat housing--they're on national backorder. I just waited three weeks for one to come in at our dealer and the day we finished it another car came in with the same problem.

Well that’s not good. I’m out in Canada so hopefully stock levels aren’t that bad here. It is what it is I guess if it is 3 weeks.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
Mine is the water pump. Car was diagnosed on March 23rd, projected ETA of the new pump is April 20th. Fingers crossed. 2016 R, 42000 miles.