GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

alexspeed3

Passed Driver's Ed
if the 7.5 tips are wider then a 7 css muffler may not be centered in the bumper cutouts? I could probably live with that but if it doesn’t fit at all, that’s still not clear. 7.5 are so new in the USA we just don’t know yet. I will have to go to a deal and see if I can get some measurements on the bumper cutout, but that won’t help me with hanger locations. None of the parts stores have the 2018 catalog yet to see if there are big differences

alexspeed3

Passed Driver's Ed
CSS muffler won't fit a 7.5, wider spacing on the tips on 7.5.

Pretty much confirmed it by going to the dealer. The 7.5 tips are good 1/2 to 3/4 in wider on each side. The cutouts are larger so it my fit (assuming the hangars are the same) but it will not be centered at all. Not worth the effort to try.

danjlambert

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had the Clubsport exhaust installed for a few months and I LOVE it.

Can anyone advise, is having the clubsport exhaust AND a resonator (?) delete too much?

I want more grunt (noise) but I can understand if it gives too much drone.

I’m sure this question has been asked before, so apologies in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had the Clubsport exhaust installed for a few months and I LOVE it.

Can anyone advise, is having the clubsport exhaust AND a resonator (?) delete too much?

I want more grunt (noise) but I can understand if it gives too much drone.

I’m sure this question has been asked before, so apologies in advance.

I'm hoping someone has found a downpipe that pairs nicely with the CSS muffler too.. I want the power, no drone and maybe a little more grunt too! Anyone? :D

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
Maybe you wanted a 5.0 and bought a vw by accident =]

No seriously though any of you people with css mufflers upgrading to 7.5 version, were eager to see your for sale threads =]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I'm hoping someone has found a downpipe that pairs nicely with the CSS muffler too.. I want the power, no drone and maybe a little more grunt too! Anyone? :D

The downpipe isn't the problem, it's the resonator. Even with a resonated and catted downpipe, it's still loud if paired with a Clubsport S Muffler. You need to upgrade the resonator that runs after the downpipe if you want to lessen the drone.

And to be honest, even with that you'll still have a fairly loud exhaust. It's a great balance though once I've changed the stock resonator. No drone vibrations, quiet below 2800rpm, exhaust isn't raspy and has a good deep sound.

If I had to compare the loudness to other exhausts, I would say it's a step above the AWE Touring and a step below the AWE Track exhaust if you have a turboback setup.

irish31769

The downpipe isn't the problem, it's the resonator. Even with a resonated and catted downpipe, it's still loud if paired with a Clubsport S Muffler. You need to upgrade the resonator that runs after the downpipe if you want to lessen the drone.

And to be honest, even with that you'll still have a fairly loud exhaust. It's a great balance though once I've changed the stock resonator. No drone vibrations, quiet below 2800rpm, exhaust isn't raspy and has a good deep sound.

If I had to compare the loudness to other exhausts, I would say it's a step above the AWE Touring and a step below the AWE Track exhaust if you have a turboback setup.

Derushi,
For clarity, are you saying a CSS muffler, stock resonator, and DP isn’t too bad?
Thank you

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed

Thank you for clarifying! I've read a few posts in regards to pairing a DP with the muffler and it didn't turn out so well... Do you happen to have a sound clip of your setup? Also, any particular reason you went with a MAPerformance DP?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Derushi,
For clarity, are you saying a CSS muffler, stock resonator, and DP isn’t too bad?
Thank you

I was saying it’s pretty damn bad and drones to the point where coins in my cupholder where vibrating pretty bad lol.

You need a resonator to upgrade your resonator if you want to get rid of the drone. You can check gti jake’s thread on which Vibrant reso to use. I personally have the APR front muffler/resonator.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

Thank you for clarifying! I've read a few posts in regards to pairing a DP with the muffler and it didn't turn out so well... Do you happen to have a sound clip of your setup? Also, any particular reason you went with a MAPerformance DP?

Went with MAPerformance because I wanted a catted and resonated downpipe. Honestly I probably could’ve just went with just a catted setup like APR because a catted/resonated downpipe barely helped with lessening the noise.

After the CSS muffler was paired with an aftermarket downpipe, it droned like hell and I found out thru others in the forum that I needed to change the stock resonator lol. That’s what fixed the drone and got rid of the raspy sound.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Seeing as you're the only one on this forum running a DP with your CSS muffler, it would be awesome if you could upload some sound clips. You would be like the coolest dude evar. :cool:

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Would you guys think going with the CSS resonator is a good option or stick to something more aftermarket like Vibrant? I’m slowly researching Stage 2 options and looking at other cars too lol. Kinda bored with the Mk7.