GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BNIB R8 Coolant Cap

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed it for about 2 minutes and decided it's not for me. The logo will be upside down on the MK7. Here's a simple DIY to fix that:

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1516818

I paid $105 for it, looking for $90usd shipped within North America.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/r8-expansion-tank-cap/420121321/

Please no lowballs. Trades welcome. I'm located in Fredericton, NB Canada.

Things I'm looking for:
- VWR oil filter housing
- VWR dip stick
- VWR oil cap
- Inno roof rack fairing
- Boost tap kit (no MAP sensor ones)
- Leyo Radio and Climate control rings
- BFI Stage 1 engine/transmission mounts

Last edited:

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Good luck on your sale.

Just out of curiosity, this $105 cap makes the car go fast like an R8? Did you have issues with the cap that came with the car? Because the ECS website claiming that it will keep the proper pressure and temperature is just a marketing BS, and stock one will do just the same job and will outlast the vehicle 5 times over.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Good luck on your sale.

Just out of curiosity, this $105 cap makes the car go fast like an R8? Did you have issues with the cap that came with the car? Because the ECS website claiming that it will keep the proper pressure and temperature is just a marketing BS, and stock one will do just the same job and will outlast the vehicle 5 times over.

You're a dick. Let the man post his parts and move along.

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
FYI.
The Porsche cap fits and works OK for me.
Less cost compared to R8 for some reason.
Good luck on sale.

Thanks. I was thinking of going that route, but thought I'd try to be a baller and get this one. I actually prefer the black OEM cap over this one. It's the only thing chrome under my hood so it looks off to me.

2.0Low

Passed Driver's Ed
You're a dick. Let the man post his parts and move along.

Thanks for looking out. I hate when people make comments like this too, but I think he was trying to be funny, I guess. Much appreciated though! By the way, want to buy an Audi R8 coolant cap? :rolleyes: Lol.

Last edited:

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for looking out. I generally hate when people make comments like this too, but I think he was trying to be funny. Much appreciated thought! By the way, want to buy an Audi R8 coolant cap? :rolleyes: Lol.

25 cash. paypal ready.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Good luck on your sale.

Does belittling others for their purchases make you feel better about yourself? Pretty sure people know it's an aesthetic mod, not for performance.