GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Hey all,

I'm new to the MK7 and VW community with a recent purchase of a used 2015 SEL with 36500 miles on it. Got some questions that I'm hoping someone with experience in here can help with.

Welcome!

What are the required services for this vehicle? The dealer said something about a 40k mile service checkup.

All service intervals and items are in the manual. VW recommends 10k service visits. 40K is a big one.

Has anyone had any problems with the starter on these cars? I recently had an issue where the car didn't start after it not being started in 5 days. Autozone did a battery check and found an error with the starter. (alternator and battery is fine)

Can't say I've heard anything regarding this. Did you get an error code printout from Autozone?

Is there a way to see the tire pressure that the car was is set at and a real-time monitoring of the actual tire pressure?

Negative. Tire pressure monitoring is done via the ABS. Use a gauge, fill up the tires to the required PSI and press the button in your glovebox to set the pressure to the computer.

I have a Discovery Media Pro Gen 1:
Part number 5G0035876
Hardware:014
Software:0645

Can it be updated to a newer version of Apple Play?

Negative. A full retrofit must be done with a MIB2 screen, brain box, and a lot of expensive coding changes. You can search for the thread where one forum user did it, it was very expensive.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hey all,

I'm new to the MK7 and VW community with a recent purchase of a used 2015 SEL with 36500 miles on it. Got some questions that I'm hoping someone with experience in here can help with.

What are the required services for this vehicle? The dealer said something about a 40k mile service checkup.

Has anyone had any problems with the starter on these cars? I recently had an issue where the car didn't start after it not being started in 5 days. Autozone did a battery check and found an error with the starter. (alternator and battery is fine)

Is there a way to see the tire pressure that the car was is set at and a real-time monitoring of the actual tire pressure?

I have a Discovery Media Pro Gen 1:
Part number 5G0035876
Hardware:014
Software:0645

Can it be updated to a newer version of Apple Play?

Excited to learn more about my new car,
d
I can do that 40k service for you a lot cheaper than a dealer if you'd like to save some money. Message me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

desavesworld

Welcome!

All service intervals and items are in the manual. VW recommends 10k service visits. 40K is a big one.

Can't say I've heard anything regarding this. Did you get an error code printout from Autozone?

Negative. Tire pressure monitoring is done via the ABS. Use a gauge, fill up the tires to the required PSI and press the button in your glovebox to set the pressure to the computer.

Negative. A full retrofit must be done with a MIB2 screen, brain box, and a lot of expensive coding changes. You can search for the thread where one forum user did it, it was very expensive.

Thanks for the answers. In terms of the starting problem, today it went caput.

Got in the car tonight to try to turn it on: an EPC light and Check engine light came on. The car clicks but doesn't turn over—I get a warning message that pops up on between the gauges which mention an engine error but not long enough for me to read the full thing.

I even tried it while hooked up to another car's battery. Not sure what the code is but have gotten in contact with the dealership to see what they can do for me. I am afraid they will swindle me so anybody have any idea to prep me for "battle" against them?

Much appreciated in advance.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Thanks for the answers. In terms of the starting problem, today it went caput.

Got in the car tonight to try to turn it on: an EPC light and Check engine light came on. The car clicks but doesn't turn over—I get a warning message that pops up on between the gauges which mention an engine error but not long enough for me to read the full thing.

I even tried it while hooked up to another car's battery. Not sure what the code is but have gotten in contact with the dealership to see what they can do for me. I am afraid they will swindle me so anybody have any idea to prep me for "battle" against them?

Much appreciated in advance.

Where do you live? You'll need to hook the car up with vagcom to get the codes. If you're close I could swing by.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
I hope that the owner of the black MK VII R that was towed by the City of Chicago for violating the winter parking ban isn't someone on here. I saw the car being picked up on yesterday morning's news.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

DanJoy

Ready to race!
It’s too bad it’s not more active in here. Forums in general seem to be losing a lot of traffic to Facebook groups, yet still have better information than Facebook. The MK7 FB group is a constant stream of “will xxx/xx/xx tires fit with 18x10.5 et-35 rimz?”, “Got a cracks and pop tune” and other frequently asked questions.