GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo lower dogbone puck review, after one month of use

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I did the 50 RPM raise and it didn’t change much. 1000 miles of driving broke it in a lot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Shop installed mine this afternoon. On startup, there was some extra vibration but less than expected and not annoying at all. I see now how subjective all this NVH perception is. I could probably do more mounts in the future with no problem. One thing about the Revo puck, soon as I got out on the highway and nailed it, oh so worth it! Much smoother, sweeter, and even the crap a/s tires hooked better! Really glad I did this. Ok, I just paid for it. Other people actually did it. Used to have a garage for DIY projects. Now I dunt.

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had the Revo mount for around 5-6 months. From my experience, the NVH comes from the other two mounts. I combined this puck with 034 mounts and The NVH almost disappeared. It felt really nice. However, in 1 month, the transmission mount got worn and started to vibrate like hell. I requested a replacement from waranty and again, one month later the same issue. I'm even thinking that the puck is too solid and all the movement is reflected in the transmission mount since its not as strong as the revo mounts. Gonna order new mounts to pair them with my revo puck

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I've had the Revo mount for around 5-6 months. From my experience, the NVH comes from the other two mounts. I combined this puck with 034 mounts and The NVH almost disappeared. It felt really nice. However, in 1 month, the transmission mount got worn and started to vibrate like hell. I requested a replacement from waranty and again, one month later the same issue. I'm even thinking that the puck is too solid and all the movement is reflected in the transmission mount since its not as strong as the revo mounts. Gonna order new mounts to pair them with my revo puck

Going with Revo or BFI engine mounts?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Obsrvr

Ready to race!

Your experience with the trans mount is what I'm also watching out for. I've heard of it happening in a number of cases. Will probably end up doing more Revo stuff too. If your in Puerto Rico right now, hope you got power back in your area! :eek:

sokerito1

Passed Driver's Ed
Your experience with the trans mount is what I'm also watching out for. I've heard of it happening in a number of cases. Will probably end up doing more Revo stuff too. If your in Puerto Rico right now, hope you got power back in your area! :eek:

Just installed the top revo mounts. They increase vibration, but after two dayd I feel like the vibration is reducing. However, the noise in the cabin is drastically increased. Im suprised since they advertise them with no noise or vibrations. Anyway, its a great upgrade, theres a big improvement over 034's. Engine feels tight and shifts are awesome.

Btw, yes Im in PR. Thankfully me and my relatives are fine. Theres a lot of people that still needs help tho.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Just installed the top revo mounts. They increase vibration, but after two dayd I feel like the vibration is reducing. However, the noise in the cabin is drastically increased. Im suprised since they advertise them with no noise or vibrations. Anyway, its a great upgrade, theres a big improvement over 034's. Engine feels tight and shifts are awesome.

Btw, yes Im in PR. Thankfully me and my relatives are fine. Theres a lot of people that still needs help tho.

Agreed on the cabin noise, but that has lessened over the last three days as well. Did you have any trouble with the engine mount not lining up quite right with the engine block? My revo motor mount arm was a little off parallel, with the arm facing slightly this direction: \ instead of this direction: | relative to the motor.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
My feeling on the Revo puck has dropped a couple notches. Maybe it needs a re-torque. I will check that before a final opinion. See video and listen at launch, you will see and hear what I mean:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwf_aiO8hGD6V0VVVGVmcUlrWDQ

The puck with the stock pendulum arm is still going to allow a lot of lateral, rotational, and orbital movement of the motor and transmission, though lateral movement should be less prevalent in a straight line. Go BFI Stage 2 Engine and Transmission mounts and a Roc Euro pendulum arm if you want the most locked down setup you can get. Save yourself some money and buy the BFI Stage 2 transmission insert instead of the pre-assembled tranny mount.

It wouldn't surprise me that by installing just the puck you've put a hurting on the OEM engine and trans mounts and they are pretty loose now.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
The puck with the stock pendulum arm is still going to allow a lot of lateral, rotational, and orbital movement of the motor and transmission, though lateral movement should be less prevalent in a straight line. Go BFI Stage 2 Engine and Transmission mounts and a Roc Euro pendulum arm if you want the most locked down setup you can get. Save yourself some money and buy the BFI Stage 2 transmission insert instead of the pre-assembled tranny mount.

It wouldn't surprise me that by installing just the puck you've put a hurting on the OEM engine and trans mounts and they are pretty loose now.

Thanks for your feedback, and agree. Tried to get away with the less expensive solution. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Many people don't get wheelhop with just an 034 insert, and the Revo is supposed to be better, go figure. I will do some dd on your suggestions. Did 7 runs, got wheelhop on 3, so maybe it's too soon to have affected the oem mounts...I hope :eek:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for your feedback, and agree. Tried to get away with the less expensive solution. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Many people don't get wheelhop with just an 034 insert, and the Revo is supposed to be better, go figure. I will do some dd on your suggestions. Did 7 runs, got wheelhop on 3, so maybe it's too soon to have affected the oem mounts...I hope :eek:

They might not get wheel hop on a street with 37psi tires, but without the other two mounts I'm pretty sure they would on a sticky drag strip and 22psi tires.

I paid $222 for my Revo Motor mount and BFI Stg 2 transmission insert from Urotuning.com, plus another $20 for replacement bolts. The Revo won't be as stiff as BFI's motor mount, but I compromised for NVH.

The hardest part was drilling out the rivets on the stock tranny mount. Broke a couple of bits with my hand drill before I figured out the technique. But the second rivet only took about 3 minutes after spending 15 on the first. The four bolts that secure the mount to the frame hold the two halves of the transmission mount together very firmly, and the 2015 tranny mount didn't even have rivets, so it's secure.

You will need 4x N-106-997-01 and 3x N-105-524-04. Torque them to 37 Ft-lbs + 90º and 44 ftlbs + 90º as described here. A rather long extension is quite useful for torquing the bolts to spec, otherwise you don't have much room to ratchet with the engine in the way.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Awesome, Demi9od, thanks! I will relay your instructions to the shop when the time comes [salutes Demi9od] :D

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Can I please have an update? How is this dogbone mount performing after one year?
Anyone else using this for some time and is working with no issues?

Thank you