GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Sway Bar

tknj99

Ready to race!
Hello guys. just wondering if I only upgrade Rear Sway Bar, and leave everything stock(suspension&spring), will this improving handling for my car?

https://tarmacengineering.com.au/online-shop/product/188385-emmanuele-design-mk7-gti-rear-sway-bar-upgrade
cheers!

I recently installed an ST RSB on mine, all else stock, and it definitely improved handling. Well worth the $150. With some better tires in the future it will only get better. I'm satisfied with just the RSB for suspension mods and I'm sure you will have a positive experience as well should you decide to do it

Elwood

3-7-77
Hello guys. just wondering if I only upgrade Rear Sway Bar, and leave everything stock(suspension&spring), will this improving handling for my car?

I did the same mod. At slow speeds, it will definitely improve turn in on corners. At higher speeds, you cannot mask the effect of soft springs. The car is going to roll.

I just installed VWR springs with the stock shocks. 100% improvement.

leo

Ready to race!
I recently installed an ST RSB on mine, all else stock, and it definitely improved handling. Well worth the $150. With some better tires in the future it will only get better. I'm satisfied with just the RSB for suspension mods and I'm sure you will have a positive experience as well should you decide to do it

Any side effects?

leo

Ready to race!
Another thing is that most Sway Bar sellers dont sell them separately, where can I buy only Rear Sway Bar.

just wondering if I only upgrade Rear Sway Bar, and leave everything stock(suspension&spring), will this improving handling for my car?
It will change the handling at least. ;)

Did you swap the tires yet? First and foremost I'd do tires, PSS or PS4S for example.

IF you do the RSB the ED seems spot on since it's just marginally stiffer and there-
fore should fairly match the stock FSB. However don't expect a huge decrease in roll.

;)

leo

Ready to race!
It will change the handling at least. ;)

Did you swap the tires yet? First and foremost I'd do tires, PSS or PS4S for example.

IF you do the RSB the ED seems spot on since it's just marginally stiffer and there-
fore should fairly match the stock FSB. However don't expect a huge decrease in roll.

;)

Hi BB, I have swaped tires to PS4s, great tires!! Have more grid when wet!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Another thing is that most Sway Bar sellers dont sell them separately, where can I buy only Rear Sway Bar.
also superpro and h&r rears can be purchased separately

edit: to add to breaking badly's comments, it probably won't add grip (may reduce it) but may reduce oversteer and make cornering feel more manageable. Tires can improve absolute grip. Other things help tires do their job.

Caesarmascetti

Passed Driver's Ed

https://tarmacengineering.com.au/online-shop/product/188385-emmanuele-design-mk7-gti-rear-sway-bar-upgrade
cheers!

you may want to consider this bar:

http://store.blackforestindustries.com/mk7oemperesw.html

it's an OEM piece that came stock on PP equipped GTIs, easy installation, no fitment issues, no warranty issues either. Nice upgrade