GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Golf Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 02-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
dayyaan99

Drives: Golf mk7 2.0 tdi
Resetting golf mk7 2.0 TDI Pressure plate Help!

I would just like to know if anyone was any experience or knowledge on Resetting a golf mk7 2.0 TDI Pressure plate? its for the 81kw manual version. any help would be appreciated!

Backstory
My clutch plate gave in, had it relined and now need to reset my pressure plate (as its still usable) in order to put my clutch back in
dayyaan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
You need to get a copy of the ERWIN.de vw workshop manuals that will have all the torque specs etc..

What is the gearbox code???
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:12 AM   #3
dayyaan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post
You need to get a copy of the ERWIN.de vw workshop manuals that will have all the torque specs etc..

What is the gearbox code???
I was told this :CRVA with MWX Gearbox" however i just need to know how to reset the self adjusting pressure plate
Old 02-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayyaan99 View Post
I was told this :CRVA with MWX Gearbox" however i just need to know how to reset the self adjusting pressure plate
The VW books mention a LuK dual mass or Sachs dual mass fly wheels...or single mass one...

The only mention or adjusting mechanism is on the LuK dual mass & the procedure is for new pressure plates only...

basically the adjuster has a end tab which should totally fit between two notches in the viewing window/hole....there are three of these to check....but it states that the adjuster may take up a position outside the notches when used
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
dayyaan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post
The VW books mention a LuK dual mass or Sachs dual mass fly wheels...or single mass one...

The only mention or adjusting mechanism is on the LuK dual mass & the procedure is for new pressure plates only...

basically the adjuster has a end tab which should totally fit between two notches in the viewing window/hole....there are three of these to check....but it states that the adjuster may take up a position outside the notches when used
Thank you very much, I've decided to purchase a single mass conversion clutch kit from darkside developments, hopefully this clutch lasts with all the upgrades done to the car!

Tags
clutch, resetting clutch