GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running 245/35/19 on STOCK SUSPENSION?

kylew1102

Need suggestion on which tire size to go with.

I have BBS SR 19x8.5 ET46 wheel
Tire Choice: Pilot Sport 4S

What size is best?
-235/35/19
-245/30/19
-245/35/19

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Anyone lowered running 245/35/19 michelin AS3+ on 19x8.5 wheels without rubbing? They don't make the AS3+ in 235/35/19 or I would have gone with that safer choice.

Was strongly considering MP4S in 235/35/19 but I don't think it's worth the hassle with how crazy the temps go up and down here in MA.

radoroc

Ready to race!
There's such a variance in tire width that the 245 number doesn't mean much. There are 225/235 tires that are wider. The profile will also change the width. Check out tirerack to see how much it varies.

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
Is anyone rocking 245-40-19 -8.5 ?

radoroc

Ready to race!
245 is not equal to 245mm, it varies on the brand/type of tire. There are some that are the same or more narrow than 235's. Check out tirerack.

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
I would be running Michelin PS4S's size 245/40/19 for tires and looking at BBS CHR 19 / 8.5W 45OFF and maybe 5mm rear spacers to keep it flush. I don't plan on dropping the car.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I would be running Michelin PS4S's size 245/40/19 for tires and looking at BBS CHR 19 / 8.5W 45OFF and maybe 5mm rear spacers to keep it flush. I don't plan on dropping the car.

So you’re gonna rub. Especially with a 40 sidewall even at stock height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew.

What's up guys?

I'm new to the forum and I posted this up on another forum and wanted to know the opinion/advice of you guys.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

First off, my apologies if I'm repeating any similar threads from the past and creating a new one, but definitely need help from you all.

As the title suggests, I went over a pretty bad pothole and ended up popping a hole on one of my stock tires.

I figured since I will have to get new ones, I figured I might as well go ahead and purchase the Michelin PS4S for my R.

The question is what size tire would you guys suggest me getting without running into any problems like rubbing?

I keep my R in stock ride height and plan on putting these tires on my stock Pretorias for now and eventually scooping up some HRE FlowForm FF01s.

The wheel size I'm looking at for the FF01 is 19 x 8.5 ET 47 (basically same specs as the stock pretorias).

Anyone in here have a similar setup by any chance?

I can't decide whether I should be getting 245/35/19 or 235/35/19 for the tires.

Any help/advice will always be greatly appreciated. I'm a complete noob when it comes to wheels and tires lol.

Thanks all!

-Drew

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
What's up guys?

I'm new to the forum and I posted this up on another forum and wanted to know the opinion/advice of you guys.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am running the 245/35/19 Michelin ps4 on my pretorias with zero issue. only problem is the 2 months it actually gets below freezing down here.

Drew.

I am running the 245/35/19 Michelin ps4 on my pretorias with zero issue. only problem is the 2 months it actually gets below freezing down here.

Mind if I may ask as to why you went with 245 as opposed to 235, bro?

Thanks!

-Drew

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
Mind if I may ask as to why you went with 245 as opposed to 235, bro?

Thanks!

-Drew

they were the only ones available at the time and they are meatier tires. I was not a fan of the 235 because they curved in and didn't sit as well on the wheel.

emanon

Ready to race!
Anyone lowered running 245/35/19 michelin AS3+ on 19x8.5 wheels without rubbing? They don't make the AS3+ in 235/35/19 or I would have gone with that safer choice.

Was strongly considering MP4S in 235/35/19 but I don't think it's worth the hassle with how crazy the temps go up and down here in MA.
Did you ever end up with the 245 AS3+? If so how did they fit? I'm strongly considering them on a set of Pretorias.