GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just bought a 2018 GTI SE MT, hate wheels

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
You prefer OE but hate your OE.
I also like the Pretoria wheels until I found the OZ Leggera wheels.
For me they have the Pretoria look but are thinner and lighter. But do not look weak when you look at the wheel from an angle. Going non OE gives you more choices and many are better than OE.
Pretoria's look nice but not as nice I thought in person.
But each has a choice. I suggest you search a while and then decide.

https://youtu.be/l3sTF-AYLV4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
^^ Is yours 19x8? I had Ultraleggara (sp?) HLT on my MK7 GTI 19x8.5 ET47. The weight was 23lbs+ which is heavier than the Pretoria's.

I also have a set of HyperGT's (HLT) which are 21.6lbs in 19x8 ET45. They look nice on the car too, but again, I still prefer Pretoria's on my Golf-R.

ThatWhiteRabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
One well known issue.

Brake Dust.

If you're obsessed with keeping them clean you're in for a challenge :p

This is true. My old VW had black wheels.

Leaning towards Rotary wheels now; I have a carbon steel gray GTI and saw a photo of a CSG GTI with Rotary wheels the other day. It looked sexy :cool:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
^^ Is yours 19x8? I had Ultraleggara (sp?) HLT on my MK7 GTI 19x8.5 ET47. The weight was 23lbs+ which is heavier than the Pretoria's.

I also have a set of HyperGT's (HLT) which are 21.6lbs in 19x8 ET45. They look nice on the car too, but again, I still prefer Pretoria's on my Golf-R.

18x8. 18.6lbs.
You sure the 19" weighed that much? Just surprised.
Looked up one place and they listed them at 22lbs for 19x8.5.
Are the Pretoria's 8 or 8.5?

Leggera might be lighter as Ultra Laggera has more spokes.

Last edited:

davida

United Grey GTI
Car(s)
'17 Sport CSG
Do your Leggera's have the "Bright Race Grey" finish? I was looking at Leggera's and Ultraleggera's and trying to figure out which finish to choose. Tire Rack has the Leggera's in Bright Race Grey and the Ultraleggera's in Bright Silver Paint and Matte Graphite Silver. I haven't seen a good side by side comparison.