GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need quite 235-35-19 tires. What brand ?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Continental tires are pretty quiet, DWS06 mentioned and the Golf-R’s factory tires.

Conti DW were shit for noise. Loud after just a few thousand miles, horrible between 15 and 20k at the end of their life.

Have the Conti ExtremeContact Sport and what an enormous difference they are even new. Quiet as hell and really comfortable.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Conti DW were shit for noise. Loud after just a few thousand miles, horrible between 15 and 20k at the end of their life.

Have the Conti ExtremeContact Sport and what an enormous difference they are even new. Quiet as hell and really comfortable.
Agreed about the new Conti Extreme Sports. I find the DWS06 much louder and doesn't grip nearly as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie

I’ve had DW on another car a while back and did not find them to be loud as other loud summer tires. But they were too soft for my liking so never ran them again. Tires do get louder as they wear, there is some consistency there.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

The DW and DWS06 are different tires by the way.

emanon

Ready to race!
Just a touch behind AS3+. I think they are quieter though as my AS3s hum just a tad. OP wanted quiet and lives in Chicago where it snows. For you in Socal the best all season would be AS3+ IMO.
I had a feeling the AS3+ was about the perfect SoCal tire for a daily driver. I'm picking up a set of pretorias and they only have a 225/35 or 245/35 available in the AS3+. From my past experience Michelins run big so I might just have to go the 225 route.

Wish they had a 235/35 though. The 245 feels like it will be a bit much on the 19x8 wheel.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I had a feeling the AS3+ was about the perfect SoCal tire for a daily driver. I'm picking up a set of pretorias and they only have a 225/35 or 245/35 available in the AS3+. From my past experience Michelins run big so I might just have to go the 225 route.

Wish they had a 235/35 though. The 245 feels like it will be a bit much on the 19x8 wheel.

Yeah bummer. 245 is the upper limit of what you should ideally put on an 8" wheel.