GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSB install question

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Currently I am installing the rear sway bar and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any specific sway bar bushing bracket directions? See Attached picture below.

2. How do you torque the sway bar to the end links? Do you hold down a he nut with the wrench and torque with triple square?

3. Do you apply grease inside the bushing only? Or both inside and outside the bushings?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 250

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Currently I am installing the rear sway bar and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there any specific sway bar bushing bracket directions? See Attached picture below.

2. How do you torque the sway bar to the end links? Do you hold down a he nut with the wrench and torque with triple square?

3. Do you apply grease inside the bushing only? Or both inside and outside the bushings?

1. Not following your question. There’s no up or down if that’s what you mean.

2. Hold the triple square and tighten the nut.

3. Grease the inside of the bushing. The part that is in contact with the bar as it will rotate inside the bushing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK7Boostedbliss

Passed Driver's Ed
I don’t believe orientation of the brackets matters. As far as lube I put poly specific lube anyplace the poly bushings touch! They squeak like flipper is back there otherwise lol.

If this is a mk7 be VERY careful with the endlinks. The triple squares studs inside the end links DO NOT move/turn. They will snap and crack off if you try to turn the triple square. Simply keep the triple square bit held in place and crank the nut down.

Ideally u need to put the car on the ground torque the end links with the suspension loaded.

If u break an end link moog makes some stout oe replacements but eurocode makes some sick FK end sway end links. I went with the emd auto ones but only because I didn’t know of eurocode at that time [emoji26]