GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI => bad engine

DucatiSSsp

Passed Driver's Ed
I am impressed the dealer stepped up and took the loss. Not a peep out of mine.

You prolly won't hear from dealer until VW care is done investigating, renders a verdict and lets you know. From what i've seen, and communications from others who have had bad motors and need replacements is that if it happens in the first year due to manufacturing defect, you will most likely get a new vehicle. After that, replacement motor. When my '17 let loose, they were going to replace with a "new" and not a "remanufactured" motor and turbo.

When I was picking up my replacement vehicle, the service mgr said he had three more vehicle replacements to go that month. Not all were motor replacements was his answer when I asked.

Cheers!

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
It is built by professionals that their sole job is building engines it’s not going to your neighborhood janitors kitchen for an overhaul..

What is your point? There is still human error involved, shit happens. Warranty will fix it, move on with life.

suprsoldier

Got a call from vw corporate today, I got first level approval for buyback/new car. Supposed to hear back from the retention department in 3-5 days with final decision. Fingers crossed.

Did not hear from my dealer today so guessing my remanu engine is still tbd.

Excellent! Now for " '18 Autobahn/'19 Rabbit or no deal" lol :D

Jeff_DML

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Just got this email

Dear Jeff,

Can you believe one month has passed since you started to enjoy your GTI?

Having your GTI serviced according to the manufacturer's guidelines is very important. It serves to eliminate possible problems of a more serious nature later and will also increase the value of your vehicle sometime in the future, when you decide to trade.

Our factory trained technicians are dedicated to ensuring that your GTI is maintained to its full standard of excellence.

Thank you and happy motoring,

:p:D

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Ha - wonder if you'll get another one of those next month.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
start of blaming you for not maintaining it?

:)

poor impulse control...good luck and as you know document everything