GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Scoop/Eventuri Piece , Possible Group Batch

s4in7

Passed Driver's Ed
Isn't the ECS also aluminum? Their site says CNC aluminum for both the trim and the scoop, and both are powder coated.

I have your scoop btw and love it (rave about it on the Mk7 GTI Facebook group), but it'd appear y'all are all using and improving upon the original Eventuri design so more the merrier I'd say!

You can forever be proud that you helped democratize the abhorrently expensive Eventuri scoop :)

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Oh I thought it was plastic. Even so it does not go down all the way and will not sit right in the grill. There is a slight ledge that we angled ours to rest on for strength and to remain solid. The angle is also the maximum shallow with ours compared to their steep angle.

But then again I should probably not say anything as I assume they're gonna read and change it now xD LOL

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Big update ! With the ridiculous amount of bugs and flies that are buzzing around at night here in country Indiana, we are mocking up a new item that can be additionally purchased for the kit.

To further keep out debris and crap, albeit the little there is, we are researching the best material and size for a possible screening solution that will bolt into your existing t nuts. However we are still looking for the best material, as it had to be just wide enough to catch small insects (debris does not enter due to gravity) and other small things but not restrict flow. Will update once prototype is made

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Finally got around to installing my scoop today. Ia my grill not reinstalled correctly? I cant remeber if the gap along the bottom was there before. And i cant tell if the little tab just above the mounting screw is supposed to tuck underneath? You can see what I'm talking about in the last picture

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Finally got around to installing my scoop today. Ia my grill not reinstalled correctly? I cant remeber if the gap along the bottom was there before. And i cant tell if the little tab just above the mounting screw is supposed to tuck underneath? You can see what I'm talking about in the last picture

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

There should not be any gap. Unclip the grill from the top, raise it up and smack the lower portion into the bumper. You'll be able to hear once it snaps in correctly. Then do the same thing for the upper tabs underneath the other part. The tabs should be underneath it not on top. It takes some force to get the bottom in right. DAP has a good video showing how to do it.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Are able to make one for the passenger side... My 1.8t does not have the cutouts...

They work for any mqb car. They don't have the cutouts either, we are cutting them open ourselves. Part of the install is making a cut the same size as the passenger side.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
UPDATE: Now for a limited time all scoops sold will come with 3m protective film. I bought a massive roll to put on the front of my car and know that's never gonna happen.

I also am seeing a lot of install scratches on the duracoat and hope to remedy that and keep the paint looking like new forever!

Last edited:

Thrawn

Passed Driver's Ed
They work for any mqb car. They don't have the cutouts either, we are cutting them open ourselves. Part of the install is making a cut the same size as the passenger side.

To clarify, I'm aware making my own cutouts. My concern is installing the scoop on the passenger side and having enough room to bolt the piece outside of the cutout, as it seems too close to that outside bolt. Ideally, I'd like to bolt that tab toward the center of the grille, like the driver's side.

I guess the question is, will scoop work on the passenger side?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
To clarify, I'm aware making my own cutouts. My concern is installing the scoop on the passenger side and having enough room to bolt the piece outside of the cutout, as it seems too close to that outside bolt. Ideally, I'd like to bolt that tab toward the center of the grille, like the driver's side.

I guess the question is, will scoop work on the passenger side?

You would just have to drill your own holes through the grill for the mounting t nuts.