GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

16" wheels fit on MK7.5 GTI SE (larger brakes)

hillstrubl1

Coming from an MKV to a MK7.5, I have a set of 16s with Blizzaks that used for winter, any idea if they'll fit on my 2018 MK7.5 Golf GTI SE (with larger brakes than my MKV)? Yes I can pull a wheel and try it, checking here before I do that.

(Wheels are off an a 2006 A4, fit my 2008 MKV without issues)

Last edited:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Do the 7.5 cars have larger brakes than the 7? 16" wheels fit over standard Mk7 GTI brakes but not performance pack brakes.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Try it...I think the PCD is off...

16" alloys of certain design will clear with a few mm the 312mm brakes....but weights have to be moved & if you get grit stuck between the caliper & rim say bye bye to the inside of the alloy wheel...best to go for 17" rims...

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
No. 17" minimum (and not all wheels will clear) for the GTI w/ PP brakes.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
No. 17" minimum (and not all wheels will clear) for the GTI w/ PP brakes.

this what I couldn't get does the OP have 312mm or 340mm brakes?..which is why I specifed the 312mm brakes..as he was sting they are larger than mkV...or does the GTI "SE" which you get have the PP option as standard??

WE just get "GTI"...& a list of options...PP being one of them..but no sub spec of "SE"

jeffahn

this what I couldn't get does the OP have 312mm or 340mm brakes?..which is why I specifed the 312mm brakes..as he was sting they are larger than mkV...or does the GTI "SE" which you get have the PP option as standard??

WE just get "GTI"...& a list of options...PP being one of them..but no sub spec of "SE"

mk7.5 SE and Autobahn trims have the PP-sized brakes. so no go on 16"

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
mk7.5 SE and Autobahn trims have the PP-sized brakes. so no go on 16"

Brilliant thanks for clearing up a confused person...;)

hillstrubl1

Yes, performance pack as stated above. Sorry for the confusion.
Anybody want to swap 16s with blizzaks WS80S 1 winter, for 17s with winter tires? (Philly burbs)