GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Anything new in the 17x8.5 size or is it still mostly a barren wasteland?

Neuspeed are the only ones I've found (without going to custom forged wheels) and they're so heavy for me they're not worth the extra 0.5".

If you're willing to go custom, I've found a few companies out there willing to make some wheels. I've specifically looked at doing a 17x9.5et40 front and a 17x9et45 rear for my race setup, with a 700$ and 620$ price respectively. Supposedly, I can expect a weight of 17-20lb front and 16.5-20 rear, but most of the companies are saying it should be on the lower end. I asked them for a commitment to a tighter weight range, but they basically want to double the price per wheel in order to make that commitment. I've also been in touch with a few companies (work is one) producing mostly subaru wheels, that say they can leave out the bolt drilling. They'll give me exact weights, I have to drill the holes on my own, and the pricing is more than the custom forged wheels in the same weight range.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
CCW is another company who will do custom, lightweight wheels.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah none of that is appealing from a price/performance ratio. Probably just end up with some Traklites in the Spring with 235/45's.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
tire rack have these on sale
Enkei Tuning TSP-5
FREE SHIPPING
(1) | Reviews (1)
Favorite
ENKEI TUNING
TSP-5
FRONT AND REAR
Size: 17x8 (O.E. Diameter)
Finish: Silver Painted
Weight: 18.1 lbs.
Offset: 45mm
$146.96

when searching on tire rack enter your car as a 2013 Mercedes slk for more aggressive offset :)
even though these are not aggressive enough, but usually that works

or you can go with these if you want black
ADVANTI DST
STORM S1 17

Size: 17x9 (O.E. Diameter)
Finish: Black Painted
Weight: 18.55 lbs.
Offset: 35mm
Qty:per Wheel:

$156.63 31% OffSpecial/Closeout

Much more aggressive offset :p

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
SM79512455 / SM7951245S Advanti Storm Black/Silver 17x9 et45 and 1790BAT505112G72 TSW Bathurst Grey 17*9 et50 were the only real options when I last shopped. The TSW's would need some spacers to clear calipers and no one has done it yet so I didn't want to guinea pig. So the Advanti are the only real option wider than 8" and I am not a fan of the look. Was just wondering if anything new had come out in the last 6 months since I looked.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Damn this looks good.

OZ Ultraleggera 18X8 + Advan Neova 225/40 + 5mm spacers h&r rear

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I have Traklites on my Alltrack with 225/50/17 Firestone Firehawks. Factory 17" with Contis weighed 54.6 for each corner. Now I am at 43.2 per corner. Huge difference easily felt. I paid 760.00 complete, mounted from Tire Rack!

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I have Traklites on my Alltrack with 225/50/17 Firestone Firehawks. Factory 17" with Contis weighed 54.6 for each corner. Now I am at 43.2 per corner. Huge difference easily felt. I paid 760.00 complete, mounted from Tire Rack!

Nice!

Post a picture please :)

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
Most excellent.

WhiteTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
while in the process of switching form summer to winter wheels, decided to weight them both.

Summers: 18in Volk TE37 on 225/40/18 Continental DWS06
Winters: 17in VW Classix/Sevenx on 225/45/17 Continental TS810S

I knew Volks were light but didn't expect almost a 10lb weight savings per corner!

am215

Ready to race!
what are the specs on your volks? are they 5x112? I have RE30's for the summer but am curious as to how the TE's look on a mk7 in 18's