GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake Scoop DIY fabrication dimensions

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
First off I don’t want to take away from the couple of guys who’re building and selling their intake scoops as a bolt on solution. This is in response to several guys PM’ing me with questions about my version of the scoop so I figured why not put it out there for those willing to attempt this little mod diy.

I have no interest in buiding these to sell, just made mine bored at work from a piece of scrap, twice actually because the first was just a wild guess without measuring anything and it showed lol.

You don’t need special tools like I used to build one though. A simple bench vice protected by tape or a rag will work for forming the bend. Or get creative.

Cuts can be made before or after forming the bend. Just be careful and smart :eek:

Here’s a few crappy pictures to help you along, good luck and have fun! FYI I cut my grille with a utility knife. Definitely not the best way to do it, but hey it’s not a show car.

I also used counter sunk washers/stainless machine screws & nut plates for a cleaner install without ever removing the grille. You can just use regular hardware

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Did my own DIY today. I had a small grate/vent thing that came with my Ikea furniture to allow for audio/video ventilation that I never used. I matched that up with some aluminum flashing and small hardware, I think it looks great.

I'm sure it would be more efficient if the vents we're larger, but I prefer this to the open hole look.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk