GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Take Headunit out of glovebox without a tool?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Is there a way to get the Headunit out of the glovebox Without the Radio keys? I Ordered the keys but they will arrive next week and I Want to get it out today.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Just drive on over to a mobile electronics shop and ask for them to pull the unit for you. Should take them one minute. Tip 'em $10.

There's no way to pull it without the keys.

If you were in the Boston area I'd do it for you if you were willing to drive over.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Keys are 5 bucks from Walmart, they list them for ford radios in big letters then other automakers underneath

You can use other thin pieces of metal like tweezers

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Look at the keys and then make the shape using a dremel on and old hacksaw blade or flat piece of aluminum you have hanging around.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
Anything is possible with a little ingenuity.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
either take it somewhere but make sure it cant pop back in place after you leave or just wait for your keys to arrive... you'll regret the results of any way you creatively attempt to remove it...

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I'll just wait For them to arrive, making them wont be close to the real keys.I Dont Want to Damage anything and you not only need to release it with the keys, you also need to pull It out.

hal

Ready to race!
I never needed keys and I've taken the head unit out countless number of times (the quadlock connector's locks are broken and come loose every now and then). If you figure out how the mechanism works then it's an easy job with little fiddling around. I have a swiss-army knife and it works. Also I only need one, I just pull the unit on one side and then use the knife on the other side.

mk7_gsw

Just drive on over to a mobile electronics shop and ask for them to pull the unit for you. Should take them one minute. Tip 'em $10.

There's no way to pull it without the keys.

If you were in the Boston area I'd do it for you if you were willing to drive over.

Yes you can, i used 2 fat wide zip ties and pushed them into the slots and removed my radio. I done this twice already and i keep them in my car at all times.