GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MK 7.5 - How much longer?

Fretman

Ready to race!
Might as well wait a little bit.. 2019s should be out soon and when they do you'll be able to get a better deal on the 2018s left on the lot.

Personally, I doubt they'd do such a drastic change when the facelift just happened but you never know.

MK8 design isn't released yet so not sure how you can judge it already haha. Everything on the internet is just mockups and assumptions. Rumors seem to indicate some kind of hybrid system and more advanced driver assist features, and a bit physically bigger car. We'll know soon enough.

Now I'm confused. Is the 1.4t coming out for the last year of production for the MK7.5 or is it coming out for the new MK8?

koolgreen

Ready to race!
i picked up my 7.5 earlier this month from bytek, i was told 2019 would still be a mk7.5. There was only a couple differences from the 2018, biggest being hp goes up to 230hp from 220hp. If you go to bytek ask for Alex he knows whats going on in the GTI in 2019.
hi
I have mine on order and it left the plant Aug 23.....How long does it normally take to transport up to Toronto???

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
For the longest time I wasn’t sure to wait for the MK8 R or just get the mk 7.5 R. I liked the styling better for the mk 7.5. And I heard rumors for the new Golf R to be a hybrid and no manual offered. So got a manual 2018 golf R. It depends on which styling you like better and I’m sure cost will be different as well.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
For the longest time I wasn’t sure to wait for the MK8 R or just get the mk 7.5 R. I liked the styling better for the mk 7.5. And I heard rumors for the new Golf R to be a hybrid and no manual offered. So got a manual 2018 golf R. It depends on which styling you like better and I’m sure cost will be different as well.

What styling? I have yet to see what a mk8 golf will look like

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
What styling? I have yet to see what a mk8 golf will look like

There are some photos online of the 2019 golf.