GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS near KC/Lawrence/Topeka?

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Putting a feeler out there. Anyone here have a VCDS near KC, Topeka, or Lawrence? If so, would you be willing to let others tinker with it for a bit sometime? I'd gladly throw you a couple Jacksons, beer, pizza, etc. Name your poison!

Honestly I haven't had time to research whether you can even use a VCDS on unlimited cars or if there's a limit, so this may not even be a possibility. I just bought the car, so I would need some time to research and figure out exactly what needs changed anyways...

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Join kch2o group on Facebook and you will find someone.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

craigsix

Ready to race!
Putting a feeler out there. Anyone here have a VCDS near KC, Topeka, or Lawrence? If so, would you be willing to let others tinker with it for a bit sometime? I'd gladly throw you a couple Jacksons, beer, pizza, etc. Name your poison!

Honestly I haven't had time to research whether you can even use a VCDS on unlimited cars or if there's a limit, so this may not even be a possibility. I just bought the car, so I would need some time to research and figure out exactly what needs changed anyways...
i had bob hindson racing turn off my esc while i was getting stagr2 apr tune for $27 extra.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Thanks, good info. I actually ended up buying an OBD Eleven and got everything I needed done (ESC, Torque limiter, the list goes on and on). When I originally posted, I had no idea that OBD Eleven was so useful.

i had bob hindson racing turn off my esc while i was getting stagr2 apr tune for $27 extra.

craigsix

Ready to race!
Thanks, good info. I actually ended up buying an OBD Eleven and got everything I needed done (ESC, Torque limiter, the list goes on and on). When I originally posted, I had no idea that OBD Eleven was so useful.
could you do my torque limiter? it still kicks in even with esc disabled. thanks im in overland park. peace

Hotfart

Ready to race!
could you do my torque limiter? it still kicks in even with esc disabled. thanks im in overland park. peace

Sorry man, just noticed this post from way back! Anyways, you may have already taken care of this, but if you ever plan on being in Lawrence, just hit me up a bit beforehand. Also, I'll almost certainly be at a couple of the test and tune nights at Heartland Park, in case you're planning on going to any of those.

craigsix

Ready to race!
oh yeah ill be out there alot. testing my stock is20 stage2 setup for awhile then ive got the is38 im gonna run. i might wait till apr has a tuning sale though. let me know when your going to heartland park! oh yeah i had bob hindson delate my starting vibration.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
oh yeah ill be out there alot. testing my stock is20 stage2 setup for awhile then ive got the is38 im gonna run. i might wait till apr has a tuning sale though. let me know when your going to heartland park! oh yeah i had bob hindson delate my starting vibration.

Will let you know about Heartland. Needing to figure out how to disable the torque limiter on my '17, since that module is inaccessable via OBD11 (build date 02/2017). Not sure if that is accessible via VCDS, but if so, looks like I'll be in the market for one.