GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

FCP Euro

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK7 GTI TCR
Just put the complete package together as a kit for the MKVII listed below.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-kit-sachs-performance-529542

Do you have the link for the kit or you have to piece parts from previous pages together?

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
LOL figures.. Oh by the way I received the pressure plate last night so you guys were able to just get the PP without the Audi disc. I'm glad I don't have to worry about what to do with a disc that isn't used.

So my parts break down
1 Pressure Plate SAC-883082001394 $384.67
1 Clutch Disc SAC-1878005146 $99.99
1 Clutch Release Bearing LUK-5100177100 $59.99
6 Clutch Pressure Plate Bolt VAG-N90320701
1 Audi VW Crankshaft Seal - iAbed 462103171F $109.00
1 Volkswagen Flywheel - Sachs 06J105266AL $349.00

on top of
ECS Stainless steel clutch line
Revo lower Torque mount SKU: RV581M500201

So should I just get the 034 engine and trans mount and front sway bar and call it a day? lol

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
LOL figures.. Oh by the way I received the pressure plate last night so you guys were able to just get the PP without the Audi disc. I'm glad I don't have to worry about what to do with a disc that isn't used.

So my parts break down
1 Pressure Plate SAC-883082001394 $384.67
1 Clutch Disc SAC-1878005146 $99.99
1 Clutch Release Bearing LUK-5100177100 $59.99
6 Clutch Pressure Plate Bolt VAG-N90320701
1 Audi VW Crankshaft Seal - iAbed 462103171F $109.00
1 Volkswagen Flywheel - Sachs 06J105266AL $349.00

on top of
ECS Stainless steel clutch line
Revo lower Torque mount SKU: RV581M500201

So should I just get the 034 engine and trans mount and front sway bar and call it a day? lol

I did my mounts a few months later and regretted waiting. Do it all at once. I went with 034 and they are firm yet comfortable. Honestly I am surprised at this point how comfy the car is. Dogbone mount, TTRS Clutch, 034 motor/trans mounts, BC Coils and my wife hasnt made a peep about comfort.

Also, dont forget the TTY bolts to replace, in my post above. You dont want one of those snapping after all that hard work.

Last edited:

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I did my mounts a few months later and regretted waiting. Do it all at once. I went with 034 and they are firm yet comfortable. Honestly I am surprised at this point how comfy the car is. Dogbone mount, TTRS Clutch, 034 motor/trans mounts, BC Coils and my wife hasnt made a peep about comfort.

Also, dont forget the TTY bolts to replace, in my post above. You dont want one of those snapping after all that hard work.

Wait so all those bolts are Torque To Yeild??? I though just the flywheel/pressure plate ones were..

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Wait so all those bolts are Torque To Yeild??? I though just the flywheel/pressure plate ones were..

I think the only ones that are not TTY are the bell housing bolts. I know the trans mount ones are, I do not know if the axle bolts are. I replaced mine when I dropped the trans for peace of mind.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I think the only ones that are not TTY are the bell housing bolts. I know the trans mount ones are, I do not know if the axle bolts are. I replaced mine when I dropped the trans for peace of mind.

Thanks.. I'll just order those up.. oh yay the shop is putting my Peloquin LSD in so at least I won't have to get those bolts...

Gibberoni

Ready to race!

I know you cannot tell 100% by visual inspection, but even my bell housing bolts I replaced as they looked stressed. Better safe than sorry on stuff like this.

This should be all you need in terms of bolts:

DOGBONE MOUNT:
Kit from ECS - $12
N10699401: 1x Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N91201001: 1x Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)
N91167101: 1x Dogbone Mount (ECS Kit ES#2951952)

INSIDE TRANSMISSION:
N90847002: 3x TOB Bolt - $1.20 each
N90320701: 6x Pressure Plate Bolt - $.90 each
N90665001: x6 Flywheel bolt - SHOULD COME WITH FLYWHEEL

TRANS MOUNTS:
n10706901: 3x Upper transmission mount bolts (Goes into the lower mount) - $1.14 each
N10552404: 3x Lower Transmission Mount Bolt (Goes into the trans) - $3.40 each

You can alternatively only remove the bolts from the lower mount to the transmission, and then remove the upper and lower mounts as 1 piece, then you will need:
N10699701 x4 - $2.34 each
N10552404: 3x Lower Transmission Mount Bolt (Goes into the trans) - $3.40 each

BELL HOUSING:
N90884602: 1x Trans/Engine Bolt - $10 - Holds shifter linkage bracket in
N10721501: 2x Trans/Engine Bolt - $3 - On the top and side
N10692701: 1x Trans/Engine Bolt - $5 - I honestly cant remember where this one went...
N90916102: 2x Trans/Engine Bolt - $6 - Bottom of the trans
N91060202: 1x Trans/Engine Bolt - $5 - This one is the one that screws in from the engine side (I think)

Also get some Trans fluid to top off and brake fluid as well. Great time to do a trans fluid flush.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
I'll have to look in the original manual and see if they're TTY. I have roughly 20k miles since the install and hasn't fallen off yet.:p

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Does the shop manual give you this information?

I know DAP gives all of the torque specs https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/how-to-install-a-ttrs-clutch-on-a-mk7.html

Anything that has a torque spec with a +90 degree, etc. means it's a torque to yield (TTY) and should be replaced.

Anyways, has anyone ordered and installed the FCP package yet? Thanks Miker for setting this package up...makes things quite easy! I'm pretty much ready to press go on it, but I'm wondering if anyone has been the guinea pig yet? :) Finally slipping on JB1 at ~41k miles

Probably going to get my OEM flywheel from RockAuto as it's cheaper unless anyone has a different recommendation....?

elamothe15

Ready to race!
I know you cannot tell 100% by visual inspection, but even my bell housing bolts I replaced as they looked stressed. Better safe than sorry on stuff like this.

This should be all you need in terms of bolts:

Also get some Trans fluid to top off and brake fluid as well. Great time to do a trans fluid flush.

Gibberoni....seems like it may be cheaper to just go with the HS tuning hardware kit ~$70. I'm assuming this kit should include everything as it's for an Mk7 GTI clutch install.

https://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_18&products_id=5599

Looks like all of the bolts on your list add up to ~$90 if I'm not mistaken. I may be missing something so feel free to correct me :)

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Gibberoni....seems like it may be cheaper to just go with the HS tuning hardware kit ~$70. I'm assuming this kit should include everything as it's for an Mk7 GTI clutch install.

https://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_18&products_id=5599

Looks like all of the bolts on your list add up to ~$90 if I'm not mistaken. I may be missing something so feel free to correct me :)

Looks like that kit has some of the parts, depending on how you take the trans out. Axle bolts and control arm nuts not needed.

If you only going to remove the lower trans mount bolts you could get away with only the PP and TOB bolts inside the trans, plus the torque arm and lower trans bolts, and reuse the bell housing bolts.

That would cost you only $31.20.