GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire shop scratched the hell out of my steering wheel. Any suggestions?

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
This is my fear exactly.
I want to possibly put some new Michelins on my Pretorias, but how do you clarify to the shop, their employees, etc., that you are considered as fussy customer, expectations are high and demanded, and even before agreeing to have one of them to enter into a sale, you walk around, point out zero defects, zero issues, everywhere, everything, and then there is a problem?
Call the police, file a report, sue them, what?
This is my fear exactly.
$50, $80, don't cut it.
It was perfect before, the jerk damaged it, they should pay for a new steering wheel.
Nothing else.

"I stopped going to a shop my wife and I used for almost 15 years because of how badly one of their employees thrashed my Pretorias"

cb1111

This is my fear exactly.
I want to possibly put some new Michelins on my Pretorias, but how do you clarify to the shop, their employees, etc., that you are considered as fussy customer, expectations are high and demanded, and even before agreeing to have one of them to enter into a sale, you walk around, point out zero defects, zero issues, everywhere, everything, and then there is a problem?
Call the police, file a report, sue them, what?
This is my fear exactly.
$50, $80, don't cut it.
It was perfect before, the jerk damaged it, they should pay for a new steering wheel.
Nothing else.

"I stopped going to a shop my wife and I used for almost 15 years because of how badly one of their employees thrashed my Pretorias"

Doesn't look perfect from the pictures. It looks like it has some gloss to it which isn't "perfet"

What you CAN say is that the scratches weren't there.

Downshift1

I feel your pain. I hate scratches on my steering wheel.

They make a really cool suede steering wheel wrap for our cars that has red stitching to match the OEM look. I plan on getting one eventually. Makes the wheel grip a little fatter/sportier and from the pictures I’ve seen looks awesome. I’ll try to find a thread and post a link...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downshift1

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
This sucks. I had a tiny scratch on the bottom from my pocket knife like a week after buying the car. I'm a manager at Walmart and though I'm not the automotive manager, I would never give someone partial back. You'd get the whole refund period. That steering wheel is now marked for good on a new car. Depending how bad the scratch is, we'd pay for any repair on it as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

trbochrg1

Passed Driver's Ed
I hate taking my cars anywhere. I took my wife's touareg to get new tires put on. Three of the four wheels were scrateched and the fourth was gouged.

I went back to the tire shop and they did the right thing and got them all repaired. What bugs me is that i think they obviously knew they did it and didnt' tell me up front. I was more angry that they weren't up front with me than the fact that the scratched them. I didnt' notice until i left to get gas and saw the passenger rear wheel (the one that was gouged). I called the shop and went back.