GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Base Carrier bars?

manfriday

Ready to race!
For those with the base carrier bars. Are these easily installed and removed or do you tend to leave them on full time?
Had a set for a Volvo v60 and they were relatively simple and quick to get on and off but the very few MK7s I see, seem to be the same cars, with bars never off.
Cheers
MF

Last edited:

MDLBC

Ready to race!
For those with the base carrier bars. Are these easily installed and removed or do you tend to leave them on full time?

Very easy, but you just need to be careful about scratching your roof as they are metal when taking them on and off. Put a towel down. If I used them every weekend I would probably keep them on, but monthly or less I would definitely remove them in between.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Very easy, but you just need to be careful as they are metal when taking them on and off.

The contact pads on the Carrier Bars where they touch the roof are padded though, right?

We had a VW set on our older TDI and they were of very high quality.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
The contact pads on the Carrier Bars where they touch the roof are padded though, right?

We had a VW set on our older TDI and they were of very high quality.

Yes. They are rubber. Wipe down before putting on the roof to avoid scratches. The clips between the door and the jamb are metal.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks y'all. Good information here.