GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Golf R Haldex issues

Olimpiu

Yo!

I went through the same thing recently. See the thread below for my progression;

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39947&highlight=josh_

Nutshell;

My Haldex failed.
I was able to get the car to throw the AWD code by testing the system om a dirt lot.
It took 3 times before the dealer decided to replace the whole Haldex rear end. It is just how the process goes.

Check out my thread for more details....

Cheers and good luck!

josh

Your post was very informative. Thank you. I hope I can make some headway with the dealer next week when I take it in and not have to go through trying to prove to them that its not working properly 3 times. I deffinelty need to make a video and I already spoke with them about giving the service manager a ride so I can do some burnouts. It sounded like they were willing. That and the same code you pulled with obd 11 I should be able to make a good case for myself. Or at least here is hoping.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Please do tell more. It would definitely help some of us before wasting time at the dealer.

It comes down to the tech and his willingness to help and resolve the issue and communicate with VW Helpline. Some techs are not willing to do it because they can perform other jobs that will pay more and take less time. If I know there is a mechanical issue with a vehicle I will describe the issue throrougly to our Helpline. Usually with good communication and diagnosis you do not need a fault for haldex failure and replacement

Olimpiu

So I'm back with some disappointing news. Got my car back with the fixed entertainment system issue I had on the 23rd , it didn't take more than 3 hours and I tried to talk to them about the haldex issue again. I told them that I have a code I pulled and that VW America suggested I get their service manager or someone to ride along with me so I can show them that it slips a lot when simply flooring it from a standstill or in launch mode. To my surprise, as nice as they are with everything else, they told me that would not be a possibility for safety reasons(which I can understand), and that again if it is broke it will let me know with all the lights I would get on the dashboard. He tried to convince me that I didn't know how the system worked and that since it's naturally front wheel drive all the time, unless it feels slip it will not engage. Fucking DUh. I was also told that I should not use launch control as something that determines whether it works on not. I'm not, I'm also using the fact that it basically does the same thing when I floor it with the traction control on without launch. Drove it for a bit and just now I went to do another launch and standing flooring with TC on. Same damn results. So it seems that I have no other option than to go test drive a same year one somewhere and hopefully I will get the results I want and maybe find some way to work with VW America to prove through video ( another thing that they dismissed as an option) or have someone in my area with one give me a drive in theirs and show me how it should behave. I live in Fairfield California. If anyone on this forum is interested in giving me a ride along so I can see if I'm crazy or not I would greatly appreciate it. You don't even have to live near me, I'll drive at least and hour or two out just to see whats going on. Hopefully I can make some headway before this fall.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
So I'm back with some disappointing news. Got my car back with the fixed entertainment system issue I had on the 23rd , it didn't take more than 3 hours and I tried to talk to them about the haldex issue again. I told them that I have a code I pulled and that VW America suggested I get their service manager or someone to ride along with me so I can show them that it slips a lot when simply flooring it from a standstill or in launch mode. To my surprise, as nice as they are with everything else, they told me that would not be a possibility for safety reasons(which I can understand), and that again if it is broke it will let me know with all the lights I would get on the dashboard. He tried to convince me that I didn't know how the system worked and that since it's naturally front wheel drive all the time, unless it feels slip it will not engage. Fucking DUh. I was also told that I should not use launch control as something that determines whether it works on not. I'm not, I'm also using the fact that it basically does the same thing when I floor it with the traction control on without launch. Drove it for a bit and just now I went to do another launch and standing flooring with TC on. Same damn results. So it seems that I have no other option than to go test drive a same year one somewhere and hopefully I will get the results I want and maybe find some way to work with VW America to prove through video ( another thing that they dismissed as an option) or have someone in my area with one give me a drive in theirs and show me how it should behave. I live in Fairfield California. If anyone on this forum is interested in giving me a ride along so I can see if I'm crazy or not I would greatly appreciate it. You don't even have to live near me, I'll drive at least and hour or two out just to see whats going on. Hopefully I can make some headway before this fall.

I just had mine replaced at Serramonte VW. If you have a code and don't mind traveling a bit, bring it in and they will take care of you.

Olimpiu

I just had mine replaced at Serramonte VW. If you have a code and don't mind traveling a bit, bring it in and they will take care of you.

Funny thing is that the code I have does not come up on the car anymore, so I'd have to wait until it comes back I guess. It's also interesting to me that I pulled it on Obd eleven and they said they didn't get anything that day. I know that there are many obd readers and professional ones that give more details but they basically discarded it because it was not from vw hardware so...

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Funny thing is that the code I have does not come up on the car anymore, so I'd have to wait until it comes back I guess. It's also interesting to me that I pulled it on Obd eleven and they said they didn't get anything that day. I know that there are many obd readers and professional ones that give more details but they basically discarded it because it was not from vw hardware so...

You know I had that happen once too. The code showed up after I launched it. I drove around for a week and when I took it to the dealer they said that there was no code stored in the system. I scanned it again and sure enough it was gone. Next time around when the code showed up after launching, I parked the car and only drove it to the dealer (different dealer this time) on the day of my appointment. They found the code and replaced my Haldex. Try launching your car and if your Haldex is defective it'll throw a code.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
None of the wheels should spin unless it's raining and you shut off the traction control. Even then it's minimal. Not including using LC or tuned of course. And providing you have good tires.

Olimpiu

None of the wheels should spin unless it's raining and you shut off the traction control. Even then it's minimal. Not including using LC or tuned of course. And providing you have good tires.

You're right none should, especially with Michelin PS4's brand new.

Olimpiu

Just got my 2015 back from Haldex replacement.3 months out of warenty and miles were low at 30,000. VW covered it under warenty. All handled by my proformance shop.
I was thinking about taking it to my usual performance shop because technically I think I can, even with CPO warranty left on my car....I think. I will call VW America again to see if I can get more information on how they can just replace it due to the issue. Maybe they will be more understanding.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
I was thinking about taking it to my usual performance shop because technically I think I can, even with CPO warranty left on my car....I think. I will call VW America again to see if I can get more information on how they can just replace it due to the issue. Maybe they will be more understanding.

They'll tell you to go to another dealer. They won't authorize replacement unless the dealer tells them it's needed.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
Just got my 2015 back from Haldex replacement.3 months out of warenty and miles were low at 30,000. VW covered it under warenty. All handled by my proformance shop.

That's fantastic for you. I've had my Haldex pump go now and just under 50k km and 12 months out of warranty VW no help at all. Refused to even do software update without charging for Hour's labour. In end found that it was the Coupling Pump and I'm getting replaced by my usual performance shop.

Had my water pump go at 40k km and 6 months out of warranty and same thing with VW no interest at all. I always expected it though.

At least I survived through my warranty period tuned at stage 2 without it happening. The "boss" wouldn't have been happy repair bills in warranty period. But pay to play as they say.