Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Thanks all for kind comments.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Now added..

• Red Foot well lights re-fitted (rear ones still to be done)
  • LED bulb replacement for boot (truck) light done
  • Glovebox light replaced for full LED Unit.

Some VCDS coding completed including

• Alarm chirp on locking and adding "acoustic" feedback menu to dash.
  • Automatic coming home lights (from manual)
  • Coming home and leaving home lights via DRL and Foglights
  • Save seat heating setting when restarting car
  • Display fan speed on climate control knob when in auto mode.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Lovely car!

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Waved goodbye to my GTI for a few days.

OK, I need to fess up. Something I hadn't told you all, was when I picked the GTI up, whilst it was in their showroom in the "i'm ready to be collected" area, it looks like someone (maybe a member of the public getting too close), had rubbed up against the drivers side front wing and left a deep scratch (down to the primer). It's only about 1-1½ cm long but on a darkish colour catches my eye every time I look at the car. It certainly wasn't there earlier in the day as I'd nipped along at lunchtime to drop off my number plates with them and I photographed the car and it wasn't there then. So between 2.00 pm and me picking it up at 5.00pm the damage was done. Oh well - C'est la vie.

Needless to say the dealer (and the sales manager especially) was absolutely furious and looked like he was ready to sack someone on the spot and a full investigation ensued, with me in the middle looking a little bemused. They couldn't apologise enough and said they would do whatever it takes to get the car 100% and me happy again. To that end they are taking the car today to their own body shop (which by the way has excellent reviews) to affect the repair. I thought it was only fair to give them the opportunity to fix it, and to be fair they have been brilliant so far so no point in getting angry and kicking off about it. I've also got it in writing in that if the car comes back and I'm not 100% happy, they will order me a brand new car - can't really say fairer than that can you ? So off it goes with only 189 miles it for a few days (i hope) to be made perfect again - why do these things always happen to me :D

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Ahh..but then I think we pay more for our cars than you guys - and fuel is horrendously expensive compared to your side of the pond - so swings and roundabouts.

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
Sootchucker: True, you pay a bit more for your GTIs, but you at least had a crack at buying a Clubsport (and even a Clubsport S, 'though the odds on getting one of those were a bit long). And I agree with my countrymen, your seats are the cat's pajamas. Really nice seats. Oh, and let's not forget the additional 25 horsepower your GTIs have. Finally, you and your countrymen have been able to buy the real deal for, what, 42 years now? Throw me in that briar patch!

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Manage to fit in the door warning lights on all 4 doors, fitted the rear footwell lights, and changed all bulbs to red. All using parts i’d retained from the GTD where trading it in for the GTI. Took about 2 hours all in, including removing all 4 door cards which I’m a bit of an expert at now :)

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I got distracted by the brilliant quality of the pictures. I think it's time to upgrade my GX7... ;)

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Excellent specc'd car.

Out of curiosity...how much did your GTI cost? I would imagine it would cost more than the Autobahn GTI here in the states.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Excellent specc'd car.

Out of curiosity...how much did your GTI cost? I would imagine it would cost more than the Autobahn GTI here in the states.

I’d expect it to cost much more (as it’s the UK). As it stands it was around £30k with all the options on after discount haggling (around $41k at today’s exchange rate.)

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Fitted smoked chrome door lock covers (from EBay). Quite pleased with how they look.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
It was either me, or the foreign truck coming round the bend mostly on my side of the road - evasive action and just clipped the kerb and scuffed my front passenger side 19" Brescia alloy!

Bugger - car's only a month old !!!