GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Did anyone who's already installed put in a new rear main seal, specifically the iABED one? How about people who haven't yet installed, have you purchased one to put in at the time of clutch install? I'm mulling over just replacing mine while this is apart so it's done. Would be my luck to not replace it and have the OEM start leaking then end up paying double labor. Thanks

That's pretty much the no brainer here.. you should replace your RMS with the upgraded one.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Will be replacing mine as well. I actually think mine has a small leak currently.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Did anyone who's already installed put in a new rear main seal, specifically the iABED one? How about people who haven't yet installed, have you purchased one to put in at the time of clutch install? I'm mulling over just replacing mine while this is apart so it's done. Would be my luck to not replace it and have the OEM start leaking then end up paying double labor. Thanks

I had the iABED one put on when I had my clutch installed.

Solid looking piece, no issues since.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I replaced mine when I did my clutch

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

radoroc

Ready to race!
I'm sorry, but you got raped for more than just the stretch bolts. That is over $1000 more than my current price for clutch + labour.

I forgot to mention that included the iabed rms, solid bushings and they sent the wrong flywheel bolts so instead of waiting a week, they spent time grinding down some to make it work.

tissue

Passed Driver's Ed

dont make the same mistake as i did, i replaced the RMS with new stock one and it started leaking. Had to drop the trans again and this time i used the iabed one. No leaks so far...

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
dont make the same mistake as i did, i replaced the RMS with new stock one and it started leaking. Had to drop the trans again and this time i used the iabed one. No leaks so far...

I went ahead and ordered one for this very reason. Shop I'm going to for the install is a few hours away as well.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Just received an email from BMP because I'd sent one monday to see if the timeline was still on for end of month. They apparently just arrived today! Long wait is finally almost over.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Just received an email from BMP because I'd sent one monday to see if the timeline was still on for end of month. They apparently just arrived today! Long wait is finally almost over.

its_flinchy

Speaking with BMP today, clutch is confirmed to be shipping out! Beginner question but since this is the first time doing this(although having a shop install for me) what hardware/fluids should I be planning to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Speaking with BMP today, clutch is confirmed to be shipping out! Beginner question but since this is the first time doing this(although having a shop install for me) what hardware/fluids should I be planning to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trans mount bolts x3, dog bone bolts x3, nuts under the a arm x6, there is a bolt kit you can get, for transmission removal. Might want transmission fluid, I drained mine when I did my clutch to make it a little lighter to lift in and out.

Edit: here is the kit
https://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_18&products_id=5599

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That will work. You don't need the 2 big ones.
Picked this up. There is PP and a non PP kit. Not sure the difference but I have a sport so I got the PP kit.