GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor removal

Marv_gti_mk7_pp

Passed Driver's Ed
You unplug plug # 1 in your photo, the one closest to you that is vertically plugged in. Get ready for a much quieter car.

And yes, the circular, puck shaped black thing is the soundaktor.

Hi mate , can’t wait to try this , presumably no issues with engine/warning lights etc ??

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpaceGhost

Ready to race!
Thanks space ghost !

What’s the best tool to remove vertical connector , long screw driver or something similar ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just go back to page 1 of this thread. There is a video and pictures. I just took off the clips and squeezed my hand in and unplugged it. I think I unplugged #2 as it was easier and once I did that no more sound.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Pulled it out today. It's held in place by a single nut (there is a threaded shaft protruding from the soundaktor itself). Pulled it out, covered all connections with tape to prevent from getting dirty/covered with water. Sounds much softer, very pleasant.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I pulled plug 2 the day before I installed my Borla CatBack. It was super quiet until that install. I never cared for the sound much though. It's obviously fake to me.

sshlyk

Ready to race!
I plugged mine back since my ac compressor was making nasty metal shaving noise. I also do not like the sound of my dsg transmission as well.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I plugged mine back since my ac compressor was making nasty metal shaving noise. I also do not like the sound of my dsg transmission as well.

The sound of your DSG? you mean sound of the selector shafts moving? or some other sound?