GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Alright :)

But one more question! :D

The "starting vibration" mod is a different mode to the change in the XDS ?

It is two different mods? :)

Trying to know exactly what i will do to my new GTI-18 ;):D
Yes it is different, there's a great thread about this, good read if you get the chance[emoji41]

Sent via Pide Piper compression app

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Yes it is different, there's a great thread about this, good read if you get the chance[emoji41]

:D Yes have read the hole tread. But sometimes is hard to understand when you all write in English ;):D:D

So the best is to deactivate the "wheel hoop" and then deaktivate the XDS aswell? :)

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
:D Yes have read the hole tread. But sometimes is hard to understand when you all write in English ;):D:D

So the best is to deactivate the "wheel hoop" and then deaktivate the XDS aswell? :)
Ah sorry didn't see you were from Sweden, a lot of people leave XDS alone, just turn starting vibration off[emoji41]

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ah sorry didn't see you were from Sweden, a lot of people leave XDS alone, just turn starting vibration off[emoji41]

I'd try starting vibration first. Then maybe XDS. I left XDS alone.

At least try one at a time. Not both at once.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
It's not the torque limiter that your deactivating, it's the adaptation right above it that says starting vibration reduction. Should pop up with a drop down menu and give you a choice between maximum strong normal and deactivated.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
It's not the torque limiter that your deactivating, it's the adaptation right above it that says starting vibration reduction. Should pop up with a drop down menu and give you a choice between maximum strong normal and deactivated.

Jesus:confused:. How did i missunderstand this..:D:D

Now i have deactivated the starting vibration instead!.

Thanks mate! ;)

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Jesus:confused:. How did i missunderstand this..:D:D

Now i have deactivated the starting vibration instead!. Works fine!

Thanks mate! ;)

Have you noticed a difference?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Well ya. With stock tires, suspension etc this will give more wheel hop if you just floor it from a stop. You can control things with the throttle, of course.

The benefit of this change is that torque is not cut in the first 2 gears. You have more control.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Well ya. With stock tires, suspension etc this will give more wheel hop if you just floor it from a stop. You can control things with the throttle, of course.

The benefit of this change is that torque is not cut in the first 2 gears. You have more control.

Ok, i understand....

But thought it was really hard control the wheel hop. Maybe i have to class again..:D

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Pull green 40amp ABS fuse in the engine bay fuse box. The only way I can turn it off on my early 2015.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you for that! :).

Holy crap, full power in 2nd finally. I'd rather spin than bog anyday.

Last edited:

vovegas2200

Short story, do this mod! It really helps and truly truly deactivates that damn pesky traction control for good! 1st and 2nd feel even more awake and responsive under throttle. The word responsive doesnt really capture what I mean, but its close lol...Maybe it just has more feel i suppose. I don't feel the computer getting in the way AT ALL.

Bye bye nannies. bye bye.

Also, for what its worth...
Using obdeleven I turned traction control off, then made sure it was off when I went back into the control module>brakes>adaptations>start vibration-deactivated (this was previously on "strong" from the factory or something) AND torque limiter off/deactivated (this feature was already off when I got to the screen btw)

2017 S non-peepee, 6MT, ECU is tuned via cobb accessport. Thanks for all the info and anyone else posting should go back to page 1 cause everything youll wanna know is already here (pp, non-pp, dsg, tuned untuned, VCDS obdeleven, and if this will work)