GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory alarm option but no panic button on key

amullo

Ready to race!
I bought the factory alarm/antitheft system option when specifing my GT and had not really thought about the alarm system much. But reading through the manual last night this caught my eye.
We did not get the keys with the "panic" button on them.

Now, from how I am reading the manual, the keys should come with the panic button as I bought the factaory alarm option while specifing the car and it doesnt say anything about it being only for keyless/comfort opening cars. The car does have the other button inside the B-pillar to turn off the motionsensor for leaving pets in the car och going on a ferry.

Am I missing something?
If your car came with the alarm, do you have the panic button?
Do you have keyless access?

Im talking about the red button on the right, marked (2).

Attachments

• Larmknapp.jpg
    Larmknapp.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 9,145

Wolksvagen

Banned
The alarms are standard on Highline & Comfortline (GT & SE) in NZ and Australia and there is no panic button on the keys.

I guess it isn't dangerous enough down here!

I guess America and South Africa need that extra button?!?!?

matt2

Passed Driver's Ed
There are two key styles - one with panic button, one without. I believe that it is usually a territory-specific decision which one they use.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Alarms fitted as standard in the UK but I've never seen the panic button on any Volkswagen vehicle.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
If you have the internal motion detector override button on the B pillar then all is well and the alarm is fitted as it should be (no panic button in Europe).

amullo

Ready to race!
Well, the internal override button is certainly fitted so I have no doubt that the alarm is fitted. I have placed the questin through Volkswagen Sweden. It will be intresting to see their response.

Perhaps that key is only issued to the US/North american markets

DW58

Go Kart Champion
What is the function of the alarm button?

vwman

Go Kart Champion
It sets off the car alarm if you feel threatened or are threatened whilst getting into the car say.

Useful for a woman on her own in dodgy situations.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Ah - got you. Not a bad idea really, I wonder why it's not available in Europe?

Essjay

Ready to race!
It's a feature that I had on a Kia Sorento a while ago. It was especially useful when the young kids from the family opposite used to hide behind it for a sneaky ciggy.
Made 'em jump on more than one occasion. :D